Client Service Partner - Financial Services, Capital Markets
Job Description:Does shaping the future excite you? Are you inspired by blending your passions and career? At Slalom, we are driven by diversity of thought, curiosity, and authenticity. We recognize that no two journeys are the same. Whether you embody all of these qualities or you are energized by loving your work and life, we want to hear from you!
Life at Slalom
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our seven regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Working in a city that prizes innovation and creativity, we're challenged every day to bring the best of Slalom to everything we do. We aim to create a culture where our employees can bring their authentic self to work. Our employee resource groups provide a warm and welcoming place for our employees with common interest and goals, backgrounds and ideologies to connect and learn from one another. We're focused on growing with purpose-deepening our connections with clients and our community, bringing more of our fantastic talent to support them and the great city we call home.
Job Title: Sr. Director - Financial Services, Capital Markets
Slalom's NYC Office is seeking a dynamic, seasoned outcome-focused Client Service Executive tasked with representing all of Slalom's solutions & collaborating with our marquee technology partners (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Salesforce, Tableau) to grow Capital Markets business. The Sr. Director will set strategic direction, deliver solutions, drive sales, and help with recruiting, account management, and operational aspects. Report to MD and Head of Banking Financial Services and Insurance Practice.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Market Leadership - Demonstrate deep understanding of trends and value drivers in multiple Banking segments, operating and emerging technology environment and opportunities for transformation. Bring industry perspectives and new insights to client and internal conversations, tailors existing capabilities to create new offerings that generate value for the client and Slalom. Attend select industry forums. Contribute to Slalom brand and knowledge capital by publishing white papers, speaking at industry events and/or client workshops, etc.
• Slalom Services and Offerings - Understand and describe value of Slalom solutions and portfolio of offerings with clarity and passion to differentiate in the market. Align Slalom's services to the client's needs. These include Human-centered Experience Design, Tech Enablement Services (Cloud, CRM/Salesforce), Data & Analytics (Data Architecture, Data Management, Data Visualization), Strategy & Operations, and Business-Aligned Services while collaborating with our marquee technology partners (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Salesforce, Tableau.
• Financial Fundamentals - Oversee P&L of select accounts in the CapMarkets practice. Develop applicable revenue targets for priority clients and coordinate with Slalom Practice leaders to deliver results. Lead business and market development activities, responsible for sales pipeline and client backlog. Understand relevant contractual terms. Direct accountability to drive $5-15 million in annual revenue at priority clients, in aggregate.
• Communication - Practice active listening, demonstrate empathy, and adapt message and style to the audience and subject. Lead group meetings and executive discussions. Effectively connect and drive meaningful dialog with a CXO level audience. Produce logical, accurate and concise communications, ask critical questions, able to influence and persuade. Communicate credibly and with impact. Facilitate client satisfaction surveys, where applicable. Provide guidance and coaching to assigned team members.
• Account Planning - Lead development of client-centric account strategy and GTM plan. Conduct strategic analysis (e.g. SWOT) to identify client opportunities. Map client's needs with Slalom's capabilities. Identify and position transformation solutions to deliver significant value. Engage clients proactively to identify how Slalom can help realize clients' strategy. Lead / support the negotiation of Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, responses to RFP and other requisite legal documentation in support of business objectives.
• Drive for Results - Exhibit a relentless drive to realize goals and win-win outcomes. Focus on key performance drivers and client value. Respond to critical escalated issues, resolve competing priorities and drive alignment across teams. Maintain oversight of work and deliverables on select accounts to ensure client value.
• Consultative Selling - Inspire trust and address client's priorities with speed and effectiveness. Develop strategies for gaining access to and developing relations with key clients, decision-makers and influencers. Display gravitas and executive presence. Use references, data and stories to drive impact. Deploy individualized approach to obtain buy-in. Understand different motivations and interpersonal dynamics.
• 12+ years of progressive leadership experience with focus in CapMarkets industry.
• Direct experience with multiple CapMarkets businesses (Sales & Trading, Investment Banking, Capital Financing, Treasury and Transaction Services and Cash Management; Broker-Dealer; Asset Management, Wealth Management, Prime Services, Risk and Compliance)
• Understanding of traditional Front, Middle and Back-office processes, tech and operations
• Awareness of key related risk management principles for market and counterparty risk
• Awareness of current regulatory guidance, including, but not limited to, Dodd-Frank, Qualified Financial Contracts and LIBOR Transition
• Proven experience in developing GTM content, thought leadership, marketing solutions and assets to respond to digital disruption and shape conversations
• 10+ years' experience managing teams of 5+ resources through all lifecycles of a project
• 5+ years IT services firm or Big5 Consulting experience managing a large account or multiple accounts; demonstrated relationships with senior clients
• Experience managing transformational programs that incorporate people, processes, and technology.
• Demonstrated experience delivering high-impact consulting services
• Relevant experience managing to utilization targets
• Experience managing the performance of individual consultants, either direct reports and/or as members of project teams
• Post Masters of Business Administration (MBA) experience preferred
• Previous P&L and direct revenue responsibilities
• Active and transferable industry relationships in NYC area
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
• Excellent negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Proven track record of client satisfaction
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 3066058578013764794
New York, New York Jobs
Sales Representatives of Services, Except Advertising, Insurance, Financial Services, and Travel Jobs