- The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist provides a wide range of services in their area of expertise.
- These services may include, but are not limited to, rounding with physicians and other healthcare providers to drive evidence based and institution guideline directed medication therapy management, active participation in the training of pharmacy students and pharmacy residents, assist with policy and guideline development, and active participation in local and system level committees and workgroups in their area of expertise.
- Essential Duties:
- Provide Clinical Pharmacy Services drug information, drug therapy monitoring, patient specific consultations, healthcare staff education, pharmacoepidemiology and pharmacoeconomic evaluations in selected patient populations.
- Investigate, research, report adverse drug reactions.
- Participate in Medication Safety and Therapeutics Committee process, evaluate requests for new drug usage and old formulary drug relevance and review therapeutic classes for relevance, assist in maintaining and updating the system formulary.
- Serve as an informational and patient problem solving resource for Clinical Pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
- Provide continuing education to Clinical Pharmacist staff.
- Documentation of clinical activities.
- Serve as a preceptor for pharmacy residents and pharmacy students.
- Actively participate in local and system committees and workgroups pertaining to the Clinical Pharmacy Specialists area of expertise.
- Bachelor Degree, PharmD preferred
- R. Ph - Pharmacist - Registered
- Completion of an ASHP accredited hospital or clinical residency program or equivalent experience
- 0 to 5 years experience as a pharmacist with training in drug therapy of diseases including the knowledge and application of clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, drug-drug interactions, and pharmaceutics to patients.
- Training in cost analysis, cost evaluation techniques preferred
Associated topics: aseptic, drug, food scientist, healthcare, medicine, nutrition, physiologist, transfection, trauma, vaccine