CMCI Digital Assets & Labs Coordinator
Requisition Number: 44204
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 20-Nov-2022
Date Posted: 04-Nov-2022
The College of Media, Communication and Information (CMCI) at CU Boulder encourages applications for a Digital Assets and Labs Coordinator! The Coordinator is responsible for data management, IT technology infrastructure, IT hygiene, and information security for the College and ensures that the College is a leader in cyber security practices on all technology fronts. This position will implement structure for the existing and future software and digital assets of the College, as well as provide new structure to the physical hardware needs of the CMCI. This person will also serve as the CMCI liaison with campus partners, especially though not exclusively in the areas of OIT.
The Coordinator is a member of the CMCI Technology Group. This group provides a unique blend of essential technology support, space and production management, and innovative design and practice to the teaching, learning, and research community at the CMCI. The group is closely aligned with the CMCI One College Vision and delivers solution-focused customer service with our work grounded in principles of access, equity, and innovation.
We are looking for someone with expertise in designing, programming, and supporting the behind-the-scenes network infrastructure of systems to support this structure throughout the CMCI.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Established in 2015, CMCI is at the forefront of the revolution in communication and digital technology. CMCI prides itself on offering students an interdisciplinary education with a focus on innovation and creativity. Our students and faculty from six departments and an independent PhD program think across boundaries, innovate around emerging problems and create culture that transcends convention.
CMCI strives to be a community whose excellence is premised on diversity, equity and inclusion. We seek candidates who share this dedication and demonstrate understanding of the experiences of those historically underrepresented in higher education. We welcome applications from minoritized racial and ethnic identities, ciswomen, non-normative genders and sexualities, persons with disabilities, and others who have encountered legacies of marginalization.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Classroom IT Support
- Maintain all CMCI-associated computer labs, including refresh cycles.
- Support integrated network, computer, IT infrastructure, and systems.
- Ensure technology and software needs in the labs and learning spaces meet technological specifications based on curricular objectives courses.
- Be forward-thinking and fiscally responsible for finding innovative outlets when computer-based technologies require refreshing.
- Coordinate all software purchases and renewals for lab spaces. Manage and solve lab software issues or questions that arise throughout the semester.
- Coordinate new instructor software training for lab-based software at request of departments.
- Work with the OIT lab team to update, maintain, and make software decisions for the college MOU and any other needs associated with labs, the OIT team, and the college MOU.
- Fix system errors to ensure all computer-based equipment is functioning correctly.
- Install, network, and maintain computer, networking, and other smart equipment in new lab spaces and classrooms.
- Build, update and image computers in highly specialized lab spaces.
- Monitor and maintain a college-wide storage infrastructure system.
- Request and configure static IPs.
- Help design and supervise a college-wide storage solution that is no longer associated with individual Google drives.
- Maintain the office campus server needs for the different areas of CMCI class, faculty research, and forward-facing web presence.
- Build out the server, storage, and current networking needs of the college that are in place, outdated, or could be managed more efficiently.
- Assist when needed in maintaining displays and content management system.
- Work with direction from the CMCI Communications team regarding the implementation of new content.
- Assist with the networking of CMCI digital signage over multiple locations on campus.
- Assist with requests for new digital displays needed throughout the college. This would include the purchasing of technology and coordination of installation.
- Maintain and assist in crafting the security group structures needed for scheduling and room access in the EMS system.
- Update and support the Active Directory groups created for the various college spaces and user access, or computer log-in groups.
- Coordinate with CMCI’s Learning Space manager when new classrooms, spaces, or labs are being designed to ensure the networking needs, such as Wi-Fi and hardline ports in areas meet current and future ambitions.
- Evaluate coordinate fulfillment of college-wide requests from additional data ports in learning and lab spaces.
- Supervise the appropriate technology needs for staff onboarding using the in-place workflow associated with this process
- Supervise the appropriate technology needs for staff as their university technology needs to be refreshed or replaced in collaboration with. Serve as the point person for the CMCI Technology Team to communicate internally College inventory requirements.
- Be responsible for the college-wide managed software licenses for all CMCI faculty, staff, lecturers, and grad students needing the software to complete their job duties for the university.
- Supervise Technology and Networking student employees and other CMCI Technology Group student employees as assigned.
What You Should Know
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
The work modality will be hybrid with mostly in person work on campus and some flexibility for remote work.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $63,000-$66,000 annually. Relocation assistance is available.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Instructional Technology, or related field.
- At least 1-year professional experience in Information Technology or related field
- Related experience may be substituted for education.
What You Will Need
- Knowledge of how to maintain and develop networking needs for computer labs, smart classrooms, and multi-use spaces.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Ability to fix computer hardware and network issues for wired and wireless networks.
- Knowledge of computer and application imaging software.
- Experience with IT network architecture and related technology.
- Experience with media file transfer workflows, and server-based technology.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and anticipate and understand potential uses.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and accept personal responsibility.
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and colleagues with varying technical skill levels and skill sets.
- Proven commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusive excellence initiatives.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience with related technology and workflows for editing, media file transfer workflows, and transcoding to provide insight for network and storage systems.
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Project management experience.
- Understanding of Firewalls and VPN solutions.
- Knowledge of Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with automation and scripting.
- Experience providing IT support in a higher education environment.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by November 20, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/CMCI-Digital-Assets-Labs-Coordinator/44204
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency