CMCI Learning Spaces and AV Coordinator
Requisition Number: 44203
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 20-Nov-2022
Date Posted: 04-Nov-2022
The Learning Spaces and AV Coordinator provides direct technical support, consulting, and project management for college learning spaces and audiovisual needs in the College of Media, Communication, and Information (CMCI) at CU Boulder! This position works closely with the Director and CMCI Assistant Dean of Administration to develop and deliver college-wide support services for CMCI classrooms and associated learning spaces and labs. This position coordinates and builds highly functional relationships with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) learning spaces group and other related campus units to support departmental and college teaching and learning goals. The Coordinator participates in college space planning and operational activities as needed to ensure learning, lab space and media production facilities and activities are in alignment with department and college-level goals.
The Learning Spaces and AV Coordinator position spans many areas of instructional and non-instructional technology support and requires a high degree of knowledge in the areas of telecommunications, audio and video equipment, and personal computer hardware and software. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a high-level customer service in working with and providing technical support for faculty, staff, students, vendors, and the public! This includes troubleshooting and maintaining instructional technology hardware, software, systems, and peripherals.
This position is a member of the CMCI Technology Group. The group provides a unique blend of essential technology support, space and production management, and innovative design and practice to the teaching, learning, and research community at the CMCI. The technology group is closely aligned with the CMCI One College Vision and delivers solution-focused customer service with our work grounded in principles of access, equity, and innovation.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Established in 2015, CMCI is at the forefront of the revolution in communication and digital technology. CMCI prides itself on offering students an interdisciplinary education with a focus on innovation and creativity. Our students and faculty from six departments and an independent PhD program think across boundaries, innovate around emerging problems and create culture that transcends convention.
CMCI strives to be a community whose excellence is premised on diversity, equity and inclusion. We seek candidates who share this dedication and demonstrate understanding of the experiences of those historically underrepresented in higher education. We welcome applications from minoritized racial and ethnic identities, ciswomen, non-normative genders and sexualities, persons with disabilities, and others who have encountered legacies of marginalization.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Maintain, repair, and upgrade all CMCI learning spaces, computer labs, and other audio-visual elements and installations in multiple locations throughout the college, including the Immersive Media Lab, Walnut Street Design Studio, and CMCI digital media facilities across the Boulder campus.
- Provide technical support to faculty and staff related to instructional technology and audio-visual equipment; assist faculty with classroom hardware and software problems.
- Work with OIT to make updates and changes to the different components of the CMCI learning spaces and labs including software and hardware, standard installation and maintenance, active directory, technology access points centers, security software, and Synology servers.
- Research and recommend new or emerging technologies for college use in learning spaces, labs, student and administrative spaces.
- Provide consulting and project management to planning and equipting of new or repurposed CMCI learning spaces.
- Provide training, consulting and guidance to CMCI faculty and staff on use of college learning spaces.
- Coordinate and consult with Assistant Dean of Administration and staff on critical college space needs, specifically designing and provisioning new or repurposed learning and administrative spaces.
- Create, install, and maintain digital displays throughout the college, including updating display content, training others on the software of the sign management, and participating in the design of display content and digital display infrastructure.
- Provide consulting, troubleshooting, and occasional direct support for CMCI and departmental conference rooms and meeting spaces.
- Assist in providing support for visiting artist talks, guest lectures, conferences, symposia, student outreach events, etc.
- Assist with recording and live production services (audio/video conferencing, streaming, etc.), as needed.
- Advise and assist with AV design, installation and tear down for faculty and student showcases and events.
- Supervise Learning Spaces and Labs student staff and other CMCI Technology Group student staff as assigned.
What You Should Know
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
The work modality will be hybrid with mostly in person work on campus and some flexibility for remote work.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $56,000-$58,000 annually. Relocation assistance is available.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia Technology, Instructional Design, or related field.
- One year of professional experience in the operation and maintenance of audiovisual and/or multimedia equipment.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
What You Will Need
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure in a complex, changing environment.
- Proven knowledge of industry standards for AV and classroom technology, videoconferencing, and web streaming services.
- Demonstrated experience in training faculty or professional clients in the use of AV and classroom equipment.
- Expertise with Windows operating systems, Mobile Operating Systems, Android, and IOS.
- Familiarity with Mac operating systems and applications; web page authoring/editing software; database software, spreadsheet software; word processing; presentation software and electronic information resources in an academic setting.
- Ability to learn new hardware systems and software applications.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Two years of professional experience in the operation and maintenance of audio-visual or multimedia equipment.
- A proven understanding of teaching pedagogy and the importance of technology in the modern classroom.
- Experience with service delivery and project management.
- Experience in maintaining and developing smart classrooms and multi-use spaces.
- Experience in audio visual production in a live setting.
- Experience working in a college or higher education environment
- Experience with various types of cameras, digital audio recording and broadcast equipment.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by November 20, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/CMCI-Learning-Spaces-and-AV-Coordinator/44203
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency