Come join our team as a Behavioral Health Associate at Carolina House. If you are passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of those in need through compassionate therapeutic practices while working in a team environment that supports learning and growth, this position is right for you!
We are currently hiring for prn (as needed). A sign on bonus of $250 will be paid out on the first paycheck. We are open 24x7 and shifts are 12 (7a-7p or 7p-7a) and Sat 8:30a-3p. This is for outpatient and residential locations.
We offer excellent pay!
Responsible for providing personal care services to patients at the facility under the direction of clinical or nursing leadership. Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient safety and provide excellent customer services.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive and structured environment.
- Responsible for conducting safety checks and ensuring that supervision is conducted at 15 minute intervals, as noted in special precautions, or in accordance with individualized supervision guidelines as needed.
- Document timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in patients medical record.
- Assist in providing a safe, secure and comfortable environment for patients, significant others and staff.
- Interact routinely with patients, observe behaviors and communicate significant observations to nursing staff.
- May oversee or assist patients with activities of daily living, including toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, meals, snacks, hydration and changing bed linens.
- May obtain patients vital signs, height and weight as assigned and document in patient record.
- Facilitate patient educational-rehabilitative groups which cover a variety of topics including social skills, coping skills, anger management and independent living skills.
- Engage patients in activities and interactions designed to encourage achievement of treatment goals.
- Complete and maintain required documentation. Assist with follow-up and paperwork as required on incidents and events that may take place in the facility.
- May provide transportation for patient or coordinate transportation with appropriate staff member.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months or more experience working with the specific population of the facility preferred.
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility requirements.