CNA / CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (FULL-TIME/PART-TIME/TEMPORARY, ALL SHIFTS) Req #:205801Department:UW MEDICAL CENTER - NORTHWEST - BEHAVIORAL HEALTHJob Location: UW Medical Center - Northwest Job Location Detail:1550 North 115th St, Seattle, WA 98133 Posting Date:04/18/2022 Closing Info:Open Continuous Salary:$19.13 - $27.77 Per Hour Union Position:YesShift:Alternate Work Shift Notes:This... recruitment offers a $3,000 Recruitment Incentive to eligible new employees joining UW Medicine who are hired into full-time or part-time regular CNA positions #UWMRecruitmentIncentive
As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here. UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center - Montlake, UW Medical Center - Northwest, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest. UW Medicine - Northwest is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are: The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award; The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award; The Stroke Care Excellence Award; Winner of the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medical Center - Northwest BEHAVIORAL HEALTH UNIT has outstanding opportunities for CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANTS. The Certified Nursing Assistant assists licensed nurses (or their designees) by performing tasks involving patient care, treatment, and maintenance of the nursing unit.
We are now hiring CNA's for multiple openings in the Behavioral Health / Adult Psych Unit! These opportunities include All-Shifts (Days, Evenings and Nights), Part-time, Full-time, and Temporary.
• Provides basic patient care consistent with nursing unit standards and procedures, plans and schedules assigned patient care activities to maximize efficiency and quality of care.
• Provides functional assistance to patients including dressing, undressing, toileting, eating, bathing, oral care, and hygiene, and supports plan for nutrition and hydration.
• Answers patient call lights promptly; responds appropriately to patient’s needs and/or alerts/refers to other unit staff members.
• Observes, reports, and records observations, reactions, and progress of patients related to the care provided.
• Supports plan of care related to cultural, spiritual and emotional needs of the patients and reports observations to nurse.
• Lifts, positions, ambulates and transfers patients as necessary, using safe-lifting techniques and tools, ensures safety of the patient in the environment.
• Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of infection control plans, and proper storage of chemicals.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Satisfactory completion of an approved Certified Nursing Assistant training program and certification.
• L-NC | NURSING ASST CERTIFICATION - WA State.
• One year of patient care experience preferred.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Employees of the University of Washington are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. View the Final candidate guide to COVID-19 vaccination requirement webpage for information about the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates