At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.$2,000 Sign On Bonus
We are currently offering external candidates a $2,000 sign on bonus payable after beginning employment.Why TE is a Great Place to Work
Climate-controlled work areas - we are warm in the Winter and cool in the Summer.
Safe Work Environment - All team members at TE Connectivity recognize the importance of working safely and looking out for each other every day.
Clean Production Floor - While well always have room for improvement, one of the most consistent comments we hear from candidates who visit our site is how clean and well-organized our production floor is.
Inclusion and Diversity - Seeing things differently is what continues to drive innovation in a global marketplace. At TE, we believe in creating an environment where all employees feel included, represented and valued helps to produce greater employee commitment and engagement. Recognizing employees uniqueness and appreciating their varied perspectives helps ensure an inclusive work environment where awareness and respect for differences is promoted and celebrated. Not just one voice, but all voices.
This position is located on our 4th shift which works Friday through Sunday, 6am to 6pm. Overtime is available and may be required during times of high volume.
SHIFT PREMIUM: 22; individuals working 4th shift receive a shift premium of 22 in addition to their hourly rate.Job Overview
TE Connectivitys Machinist Teams responsibilities include assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. They work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, communicating directly with engineers to understand the purpose of the part assembly. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivitys EH&S policies and procedures.Job Responsibilities
- Applies advanced job skills in area of specialization to set up and operate CNC machining equipment
- Read, interpret, and follow blueprint reading and GD&T interpretation
- Ability to read and understand G and M code programming
- Operate CMMs and digital inspection equipment
- Work with team to troubleshoot operations and/or flow issues
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Meet documented and communicated standards for quality and productivity
- Keep records of production quantities and time
- Work safely with small hand tools and measuring equipment
- Works under minimal supervision and acts independently
- Due to ITAR restrictions, US Citizenship or US Lawful Permanent Residency is required for this position
- Use independent judgement and basic problem-solving skills to accomplish tasks
- Follow both written and verbal instructions, with a high attention to detail
- Flexibility to work overtime to meet company demands
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a confined space
- Associates degree from a trade school and/or job-related vocational training is a plus
- 3-6 years relevant work experience
Benefits Package includes:
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Immediate medical/dental/vision coverage
- Health Savings Accounts and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Financial and Health Wellness program and incentives
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care)
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Time Off Policy - up to 10 consecutive weeks for birth, adoption or placement of foster child
- Family Care Benefits - subsidized back-up child and adult care providers, access to provider network
- Voluntary benefits including: Legal Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Auto Insurance, Homewoners/Renters Insurance, and Pet Insurance
- 48 hours of personal/sick pay after 90 days of employment
- 80 hours of vacation time
- 10 paid Company holidays plus 2 paid floating holidays
- Referral Bonus program
- Multi-faceted reward and recognition program including annual merit and incentive programs as well as Spot and Impact Bonus programs to reward outstanding behaviors and performance
- Tuition reimbursement up to $7,500/year for qualifying programs and courses.