About Your Role
The Spruce is seeking an experienced writer who will write and update home content for ourevergreenproduct roundups and reviews. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about the home space andexplaining what to look for when buying a product. We are looking for someone who can create quality content and that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
About Your Contributions
- Update existing lists and write new content for The Spruce, maintaining high-quality standards along the way.
- Assist in our testing process, whether evaluating products at home, writing up results, attending lab testing days, or gathering insights from testers or community members.
- Find sources to provide background information and quotes for our lists and reviews.
- Research and write supplemental content like what to look for, pros/cons, buying guides, and more.
- Research new products, models, and trends, as well as competitor picks, to make sure we re making the best recommendations to our readers.
- 2-3 years writing experience at an online publisher, ideally in thehome or lifestylespace
- A product enthusiast who spends time shopping and obsessing over purchases, particularly for their home andlifestyle
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with solid writing skills, as well as a basic understanding of what works on the web
- Strong writer, capable of creating engaging, lively headlines and blurbs, all the while keeping the The Spruce voice, values, and style in mind
- Self-starter who wants to work for a growing company
- College degree required
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes and Gardens, Verywell, Food and Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash Meredith. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash Meredith recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com, @meredith.com, @dotdashmdp.com and @jobvite.com account belonging to a Dotdash Meredith Recruiter. If you are in conversations about a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to