Serco is Hiring Commercial ConstructionProject Managers to support the Federal Emergency Management Agency Public Assistance recovery initiatives in Zone 2 across the Midwest. The Commercial Construction Project Managers will consist of professional and non-professional personnel to provide support to state, tribal, territorial local governments, and some private non-profits. Serco strives to provide support quickly and efficiently to FEMA’s mission by helping those effected by man-made and natural disasters. These positions are deployment based and you must be willing and able to deploy anywhere in Zone 2.
This position is contingent upon your ability to obtain/maintain/transfer a DHS Clearance.
This position is contingent upon customer requirements and/or their approval.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for facilitating and coordinating the delivery of the Public Assistance grant funding while coordinating the Applicants recovery priorities.
- Facilitate and coordinate the accurate delivery of grant funding.
- Coordinate the Applicant’s recovery priorities.
- Participate in site inspections.
- Provide strong customer service to the Applicant through the entire delivery process, from the Exploratory Call to the Recovery Transition Meeting.
- Assist in identifying the eligibility of special considerations concerns that could delay grant development.
- Act as the primary point of contact to Applicant’s in all phases of the delivery model.
- Manage the Grant Delivery process for an average amount of eight (8) individual applicants simultaneously. The number of applicants can vary from approximately 1 to 15 depending on the number of projects and complexity of projects that an applicant claims.
- Ensure program delivery in a timely professional, customer-centric manner that meets all assigned Applicant’s recovery priorities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance (PA) experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in Large Commercial Construction projects
- 1-2 years of experience in any of the following eligible types of work:
- Restoration of Roads, Bridges, Water control Facilities, Buildings, Equipment, Utilities, Debris Removal, Schools, Churches, Parks, and recreation centers.
- The ability to obtain and maintain FEMA Public Trust.
- A United States Citizenship
- The ability to maintain FEMA specific trainings
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to deploy to any location in zone 2 with a 24–48-hour notice after Task Order Award.
- Zone 2 includes Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- The ability to go on 6–12-month deployments at a minimum.
- Experience and comfortability using a Smart Phone.
- The ability to work independently, in a team environment and under stressful conditions with tight deadlines.
Additional desired experience and skills:
- FEMA Public Assistance experience preferred
- Program Delivery Manager (PDMG)
- Knowledge of the FEMA Public Assistance Program/Policy
- Experience with conducting exploratory calls
- Experience with Preliminary Damage Assessments
- Trained in the Public Assistance delivery model preferred
- Active FEMA badge
If you are interested in supporting and working with our FEMA efforts, then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!Company Overview
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: ***** or call the HR Service Desk at *****, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email *****.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).