As the largest mortgage originator and servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate is critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) serves as an independent risk management function within the Chief Operating Office that:
- Interprets appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation Policy
- Communicates with regulatorson pending and proposed regulations
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation processes and practices are in place for all valuations across Wells Fargo
- Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and execution
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Commercial Review Appraiser. As a commercial review appraiser, the candidate will be expected to review valuation assignments of commercial properties to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with bank policies and procedures, industry standards and regulatory requirements. The candidate must be able to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision and is expected to meet production goals as well as service and high quality standards. This position is 100% remote, but should reside in Ohio.
In this role you will:
- Review or prepare moderately complex valuation reports to ensure appropriate content and compliance with federal, regulatory, and bank policy. These tasks may include quality oversight, technical desk reviews and/or post funding review.
- Interact, collaborate, and consult with service providers, commercial valuations peers, colleagues, and middle level managers to resolve issues, achieve goals, and to clarify quality concerns or non-compliance identified during the review process.
- Work independently with minimal amount of supervision and lead commercial valuations projects.
- Meet production goals as well as service and high quality standards.
- Perform management functions including the management of business relationships involving internal partners and outside professionals within the context of specific assignments.
- Integrate use of various appraisal related technologies throughout the appraisal review process.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Commercial Valuations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, and/or education
- Certified General Appraiser License
- Experience both as a fee appraiser and financial institution (or similar) reviewer
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical skills with appraisal related tools including Argus Enterprise, Microsoft Office, and Collateral 360 preferred
- Excellent organization, analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Professional Valuation designation
- Access to reliable transportation and a valid, state issued driver's license
- Ability to work remote including reliable internet service
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.