Headquartered in Winchester, VA with over 30 locations across the country, American Woodmark is a leading cabinet manufacturer servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With more than 10,000 employees and 15 brands, as well as hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers.
This position represents and communicates American Woodmark’s core values, strategic direction and goals. This role works closely with executive and department leadership in both a strategic and executional capacity to plan, organize and implement external communications to ensure consistent, quality communication to our external audiences.
In addition to creating strong relationships with stakeholders and partners across our communities, the ideal candidate is energetic, has creative ideas to share and is comfortable managing multiple priorities and tasks. This includes writing key messages that demonstrates our culture, priorities, and represents leaders to effectively communicate with our audiences. The role is also responsible for reputation management, community relationships and media relations.
- Lead the execution of communications program spanning multiple communications channels and leveraging best practices to engage key audiences across levels, roles and generation.
- Work with channel managers to develop multi-channel digital strategy for social media platforms.
- Drive clear, consistent communication regarding American Woodmark’s vision, objectives, success metrics, culture and overall business performance by working with leadership and cross-functional area partners to influence, develop, manage and execute external communications.
- Lead media and public relations work to maintain and manage the corporate brand, including creating press releases, talking points, interview planning and execution of media-generated content.
- Lead community engagement efforts, including event planning, sponsorships and partnerships.
- Manage brand communications - develop and distribute content for the company blog, marketing campaigns, investor relations and social media channels.
- Manage a range of delivery channels (social media, print, television, webcasts/video) to effectively deliver messages to different audiences.
- Support new projects by providing specific and timely information to enable American Woodmark to engage stakeholders and bring change in an effective manner.
- Manage crisis communications plans and execution.
- Track and report metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize impact.
- Conduct regular meetings with key business partners to learn about new projects, initiatives, events and programs across supported departments.
- Manage ongoing activities and relationships with external agencies and vendors.
This position may have assigned supervisory duties.QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.Education, Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
- Experience in communications/marketing experience with a record of consistent contributions/successes within an organization.
- Technical competencies: Microsoft Office, graphic design and/or video production a plus.
- Experience with media monitoring platforms (Cision, Meltwater, Burrelles Luce, etc.) and social media monitoring (Sprinklr, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills.
- Confident communicator. Strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills including social content, external pitching and internal presentations.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, strong judgement and good instincts.
- Ability to build effective business relationships in the community.
- Enterprise level thinking and superior problem-solving ability.
- Experience working with company executives and cross-functional groups.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Flexibility in meeting deadlines and urgent requests.
- Highly motivated, accountable, works well individually and on a team.
- Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when it’s outside the scope of the job.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- 401(k) Match
- Tuition Assistance
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.