Responsible for all aspects of the development, management, and analysis of the Community Beer Works social media strategy. Coordinate the planning, organization, and execution of social strategies necessary to achieve company objectives in sales, cost management, communication & awareness, and service & satisfaction. Responsible for keeping our audience up to date with new releases, promotions, and other CBW and industry-related content. Lead the team by example to create a positive, inclusive, and productive work culture for all team members.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture, values, and mission of Community Beer Works and our partners. Demonstrate a consistently innovative, curious, and unrelenting drive to learn, succeed and lead by example.
- Embrace a love of craft beer! Be the vocal leader and cheerleader for both our product, brewery, and the local craft beer industry. Attainment of a Level One Cicerone Certification within one year of acceptance of the job description is required.
- Perform all aspects of the position with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy, and initiative.
- Understand the vision and mission of the company. Display consistent attention to detail and follow-through of all company policies
- Represent the restaurant professionally through effective communication, cooperation, and relationships with all business partners, vendors, and suppliers.
- Collaborate with the entire team to create a culture and work environment based on respect; foster opportunities for the team to learn, grow and develop their abilities.
- Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and an ability to multitask with a detail-oriented approach to meet deadlines.
- Offer positive solutions to problems or issues and be a voice in the decision-making team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Build on our legacy of amazing and award-winning beer, memorable events, fun, community partnerships, energy, and charitable efforts of Community Beer Works and grow our loyal base of fans and ambassadors!
- Design and implement an annual social media strategy with agency partners and the marketing team to align with CBW’s business and operational goals.
- Develop organic multimedia content, manage and curate content on our social media platforms, and promote community/customer involvement and engagement.
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy that establishes and maintains a unified brand message and voice across all channels – consistent with our marketing strategy.
- Coordinate events and produce live and recorded social media content.
- Develop demand generation strategies and create monthly editorial calendars to support audience growth objectives.
- Analyze the company’s digital marketing plan and social media strategy and identify strategic weaknesses and make recommendations for improvements
- Create, contribute and collaborate with the marketing team to create a shared social media calendar to be shared among the senior management team.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics – driving impressions, interactions, and conversions.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends and interact with customers by responding to social media messages, inquiries, and comments
- Contribute to and collaborate on the development and management of our annual/quarterly brand marketing and influencer marketing strategies.
- Manage our customer social media funnel – focus on conversions to group memberships, email list audience growth, and event/subscription sales.
- Maintain a shared calendar of local industry events and competing brewery events/releases for the purposes of CBW planning and market considerations.
- Achieving key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes, and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs.
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics. Manage Google AdSense strategy tied to social content and brand assets.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with CBW’s policies and all applicable laws.
Ability to read and interpret general business documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, guests, users, partners, vendors, and CBW leadership.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Social Media Manager to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by building environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for a minimum of 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert a well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 65 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill all tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with taproom guests, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Social Media Manager is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear. Frequently it is required to use arms & hands to finger, reach, handle or feel objects, tools, and controls. The Social Media Manager is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The Social Media Manager must be able to lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time, and be able to safely lift and easily maneuver kegs, cases of beer/water, trebuchets, chairs, and furniture.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Social Media Manager at CBW might encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Working indoors and outdoors
- Excessive heat
- Excessive cold
- Extreme weather conditions
- Excessive humidity
- Excessive dampness or chilling
- Excessive noise, continuous
- Slippery and uneven walking surfaces
- Increasingly aggressive dealings with geese
- Working around machinery with moving parts
- Working with kitchen equipped with scalding and moving parts
- Working around moving objects or vehicles
- Working around moving machinery/heavy equipment
- Passive-aggressive alpacas
- Working in close proximity to others and potentially moose.
- Exposure to offensive odors
- Possible exposure to noxious fumes
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Buffalo, NY 14201: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One locationShow more