NORTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA ALLIANCE (NEPA)
POSITION TITLE: Community & Economic Development Specialist
DIVISION: Community & Economic Development Services
SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Community& Economic Development Services
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 1, 2022
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PAY GRADE: Program Specialist
The Community & Economic Development Specialist is a full time, salaried, exempt, position within the Community& Economic Development Services Division. This person is responsible for providing technical, program and administrative support towards the delivery of the programs and services. Ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple contracts, priorities and deadlines. The position includes the day-to-day support of the NEPA Nonprofit & Community Assistance Center, NEPA Grantmakers Forum, Appalachian Regional Commission/U.S. Economic Development Administration grant technical assistance and review process and PA Redevelopment Capital Assistance Program (RCAP) grant applications. It is highly desirable that the person have experience in managing multiple contracts, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to assist in the design and management projects from conception, funding acquisition, implementation, and evaluation.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and prioritize funding programs or opportunities, which can maintain or expand services.
- Ability to assist in the design, funding, and implementation a program, service or training that will build capacity within the nonprofit and grantmaking sector.
- Ability to both write and critique grant applications, white papers, proposals.
- Ability to learn and maintain technical knowledge of the subject matter of assigned programs or services.
- Ability to research, learn, implement, and deliver best practices related to programs and services.
- Ability to identify private foundations, by using Candid (The Foundation Center), and federal/state funding opportunities that benefit communities, governments, and nonprofits.
- Ability to comprehend complex federal and state laws and regulations as they relate to the administration of internal contracts and programs.
- Ability to work as a team member with other staff members and partners in support of delivery services and programs.
- Ability to serve on various committees, panels, boards, and focus groups related to programs and services.
- Ability to organize, schedule, promote, and prepare agendas and minutes for meetings, focus groups and seminars.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, management, committee members, Board of Directors, partners, government representatives, state and federal agencies, elected officials and other clientele on services/programs.
- Ability to support the administration of assigned programs and learn to prepare white papers, grant applications and program reports.
- Ability to collect, organize and interpret information for the development of brochures and marketing materials.
- Ability to craft articles, press releases, success stories and testimonials for electronic newsletters, reports, publications, and other forms of media.
- Ability to create e-newsletters using Constant Contact, or other software, and share in the maintenance, update and posting to social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram) and websites (WordPress).
- Ability to maintain a functional knowledge of computer programs including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Constant Contact and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to keep a client logs and program databases on services/tasks performed per client per month to track project deliverables.
- Abi ity to operate an automobile and travel overnight to meetings, conferences, trainings, events, and to work, as required, and to work some evening hours in support of programs and events.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Community & Economic Development Services and/or the President & CEO.
- Ability to tolerate long periods of time sitting and working at a desk
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to, personal computer, laptop, tablet, projector, digital cameras, smart boards, printer, copier, fax machine, telephone and other office automation systems.
- Ability to work remotely and to have Internet access to assure that tasks and activities can be completed during pandemics and other disasters.
1. Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree preferred) in Public Administration, Community Planning, Nonprofit Programs, or related field.
2. One or more years of experience in nonprofit, government or public administration with a knowledge of nonprofit operations and public sector services or a combination of relevant education and experience.
3. Valid Pennsylvania driver's license or the ability to attain one.
4. Must be legally employable in the U.S.