Community Association Manager
Full Time: 40 Hours / $175,000 salary
Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm
Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Must have Food and Beverage experience
Must be Bilingual in English and Spanish
Knowledge of financials and project administration is a must.
Perform functions to manage, direct and provide leadership to an assigned property and book of
business. Ensure property is maintained and operated in accordance with company objectives
and facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff, guided by
precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide management and leadership to assigned property and book of business. Collaborate
with Regional Director to develop goals and communicate established goals. Ensure the goals
and needs of the property, company and its customers are consistently met.
- Manage the functions of a team within a property while maintaining standards of excellence
for processes, methods and personnel. Manage the process improvement and quality control of
the property and ensure quality resident service is delivered. Assign and review the work of
staff, ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as
necessary. Align resources to work assignments and processes to meet business requirements.
Provide leadership and direction and assist in the investigation and resolution of internal and
external problems and concerns.
- Partner with Regional Director, Board of Directors and internal departments to develop and
lead the introduction and integration of new programs, services and initiatives. Act as liaison to
ensure quality service is delivered, that Board expectations are met and to assist in prompt
response and resolution to questions/problems. Establish and maintain a positive relationship
with homeowners, Board of Directors and internal departments to ensure a high level of resident
service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the contract between the association and
The Company. Ensure all contractual obligations are being met.
- Initiate contact with new resident representatives to coordinate the move-in process. Conduct
an introduction and orientation to the management staff and building, reviews available
services, and explain the communities’ rules and regulations.
- Conduct site inspections regularly. Identify deficiencies and provide recommendations and
action plans in order to improve the property. Process and manage violations and close them
Process architectural control applications and close them out in a timely manner.
Oversee all construction projects and ensure property maintenance/improvement and other
related projects are completed on time and within budget. Maintain open communication and
provide timely action updates to the Board and residents.
- Create, maintain and upload a wide variety of information in FSRConnect including but not
limited to work orders, signed meeting minutes and Monthly Management Report. Fulfill all
company Connect compliance expectations throughout the year.
- Interview, select, recommend, hire, train and schedule assigned staff. Ensure proper
coverage and staffing levels. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and
resolution of problems. Recommend personnel actions, promotions, transfers, terminations, or
disciplinary measures. Manage the Performance Evaluation process of assigned unit and provide leadership, counseling and coaching to
associates. Maintain harmonious associate/employer relations.
- Oversee training and cross training programs and ensure all direct and indirect associates
are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work
procedures, instructions and deadlines. Participate in training programs and webinars as
- Observe safety standards and participates in the Company’s efforts to provide a safe work
environment. Conduct periodic safety meetings and ensure staff is trained and educated on
safety procedures. Adhere to and maintain established Hurricane procedures.
Address Worker Compensation incidents according to company policy.
Maintain calendar of meetings and events and initiate and /or attend a wide range of internal
and external meetings. Prepare and conduct a wide range of presentations as needed.
- Provide financial support with a wide range of functions. Review financial statements and
report variances; submit invoices to CAS in a timely manner and review invoices/checks for
accuracy before presenting to the BODs.
- Recommend and manage the budget for the functional area of responsibility. Monitor
expenses, initiate cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure property
expenses are maintained within budget.
- Monitor vendor contracts regularly, submit renewal/cancellation notices, manage contract
renewals professionally and advise Regional Director of any upcoming insurance renewals or
lapse in coverage.
- Prepare bid comparison analysis and prepare and uses the Request for Proposal for bid
- Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicate changes
to staff. Direct training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with changes.
- Update Association communications and ensure current information is displayed on the
association boards and website. Prepare association newsletter and/or other communication
with owners and residents
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and maintain existing
procedures. Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with current statute. Manage
the communication and compliance of SOPs within teams, managers and internal and external
- Prepare, maintain and submit a wide range of reports, contract lists, presentations,
documents and manuals as required.
- Maintain accurate records, files and communications pertinent to the Association and
maintain up to date equipment maintenance logs and emergency shut off procedures book.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet
schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for
additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities,
communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of
knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Directly or indirectly supervise associates within the assigned property.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university, and
three years’ experience in Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Must be certified and licensed by the State of Florida
for Community Association Management (CAM).
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
Knowledge and ability to apply Florida Statutes and Community’s documents.
Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for projects and cash flow
management for capital improvements
Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision-making ability.
Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the completion of
Excellent customer service skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance
to all associate levels.
Strong presentation skills
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, leases and/or regulations
Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to
Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet. Previous
experience with financial and accounting programs preferred.
Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects. Ability to meet
deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must be self-driven with
the ability to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
Knowledge of mechanical operations of a building and equipment preferred.
Ability to respond to emergency situations within established timeframe
Ability to adjust to changing circumstances.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The associate is required to work at a
personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time.
Must be able to stand, sit, walk and occasionally climb. The incumbent must always be on call
and able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed.
Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs. The incumbent must be able to detect
auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may involve some driving/traveling to various sites.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of
work performed by associate within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned
to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or
reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.