Compensation & Classification
The University of Missouri System (UM System) consists of system administration and four universities: The University of Missouri-Columbia, the University of Missouri-Kansas City, the Missouri University of Science and Technology, the University of Missouri-St. Louis, and all of their component parts, including MU Health, MU Extension and UM Engagement. It has a unique mission to advance the opportunities for success and well-being for Missouri, the nation, and the world through transformative teaching, research, innovation, engagement, and inclusion.
The University of Missouri System Office of Human Resources provides leadership in the planning, integration, and implementation of Human Resource services and programs for faculty and staff across all campuses and the health system. Collectively with campus colleagues, we serve as a strategic and trusted advisor, support an inclusive and dynamic culture and workforce, and pursue continuous improvement through knowledge, collaboration, and leadership.
We are seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Compensation Analyst for the Compensation team to provide professional consultation and administrative oversight on critical compensation projects. Reporting to the Director of Compensation, this role will primarily focus on monitoring and tracking the UM System compensation inbox as well as managing classification and evaluation projects independently. Depending on needs of the institution, experience, performance, and interest in projects related areas of expertise will be added to the portfolio and allow for future professional growth.
• Provides guidance with job classification which may include any of the following: review job questionnaires, utilize survey sources, market references, internal equity and other data as appropriate; utilize grading tool to analyze information and make recommendations on pay grade level; document findings and recommendations to contribute to a comprehensive report
• Works closely with compensation director/consultant(s) on a variety of projects including program design, analysis, maintenance, and implementation of new programs
• Assists in the roll out, communication, and ongoing administration of new and existing staff compensation programs
• Assist in maintaining compensation databases and systems to include job code table maintenance, logging and tracking incoming work requests, managing general compensation email inbox, and maintaining salary survey databases and tracking logs
• Ensure all aspects of job creation are addressed in a timely manner including maintaining job descriptions, leveling guides, and other routine compensation documentation
• Completes assigned projects in a timely manner, such as annual survey participation
• Assist with analytical support and data analysis on projects and metrics and perform various data audits
• Assist with preparing reports, presentations, communications, and documentation as required
As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities may be expected in order to support the mission and purpose of the University of Missouri System.
$47,476 - $55,000
Grade: GGS 10
University Title: HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYST SR
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm - Exempt
A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
Possesses expanded conceptual knowledge experience in the HR discipline
Strong attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills
Proven customer service skills
Must demonstrate confidentiality, integrity, and a strong commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equal opportunity in their activities
Required for Consideration: Completed online application, Cover Letter and Resume.
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at *****.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at *****.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version