Headquartered in Winchester, VA with over 30 locations across the country, American Woodmark is a leading cabinet manufacturer servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With over 10,000 employees, more than 15 brands and hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers.
This position is responsible for managing, administering and analyzing the compensation plans at a companywide level.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience; preferably in benefits and/or compensation.
- Experience with compensation management practices, including pricing of jobs, performing salary surveys, and benchmarking compensation best practices.
- Proven track record utilizing HR systems in performing daily work.
- Track record of successful project management.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build effective business relationships and work effectively with all levels of employees within AWC’s organization and vendor community.
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment especially in MS Office specifically with a focus in Excel writing complex formulas and completing detailed analysis.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Utmost discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills and professional telephone demeanor.
- The ability to actively participate as a team player.
- Communication Skills:
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret benefit plan documents and must be able to communicate these polices and requirements to clients (employees/participants and location HR representatives) and providers (vendors). Ability to deliver presentations to new hires and current employees regarding the benefit plans.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in the completion of related tasks.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline preferred (relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of education).
- Understand current and emerging market trends, identify potential opportunities and gaps within current compensation structures, leverage external best practices and design compensation initiatives that are aligned to company principles, but provide flexibility within local markets.
- Complete competitive compensation studies, inclusive of participating in annual salary surveys, providing analysis and recommendations for any job match changes, and identifying trends in compensation programs.
- Design, implement, and manage base pay structures, incentive programs, and equity plans that reflect the organization's compensation philosophy.
- Evaluate, benchmark, and market price jobs. Analyze compensation data and recommend salary grades. Create reports as needed.
- Review proposed salary increases and provide feedback based on analysis of the labor market and internal equity.
- Analyze the cost of compensation programs.
- Manage compensation data within the HCM system.
- Provide client support to all AWC locations and participants on matters relating to employee compensation plans.
- Provide reports to management regarding employee compensation data findings.
- Work in collaboration with HRIS to ensure data integrity of compensation fields such as titling, salary structure and compensation related fields
- Administer and manage merit increases and variable incentives permitted within budgetary limits and according to pay policies.
- Perform job analysis, evaluations, grading, and pricing to determine and convert relative job worth into monetary values
- Compile, evaluate and prepare samples for the external and internal audits of the compensation plans.
- Analyze and manage company compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing rates in similar organizations and industries.
- Plan, develop, and implement compensation programs that are internally equitable, externally competitive, and legally compliant.
- Manage the annual review process, including job evaluation, base pay and incentive plan review, merit budgets, etc.
- Work with leaders across functional areas on shared initiatives.
- Establish competitive rates designed to attract, retain and motivate employees.
- Recommend compensation levels according to findings; utilizes knowledge of prevailing rates of straight-time pay, types of wage incentive systems and special compensation programs.
- All other duties as assigned
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This position typically does not have supervisory responsibilities.
SCOPE & EXPECATIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Lifting requirements are typically less than 20 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Typically works in an office environment or occasionally on or around the manufacturing floor. The noise level is usually moderate. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Reports to: Manager, Financial Benefits
- Travel Requirements :
- Some out of town travel is required up to 25%
- Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video and in person interviews.
- Offers may be contingent upon successful completion of Background Check, Drug Screen, Physical Examination and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- 401(k) Match
- Tuition Assistance
- Relocation Assistance when available
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.