This BAE Systems program supports our federal customer who plays a key role in providing direct cybersecurity engineering support. This program provides systems and security engineering and integration support to specific Government-sponsored projects, pilots and prototypes. This includes solution planning and engineering, defining security requirements, target architecture, interoperability and integration, system testing, Verification and Validation, Modeling and Simulation, studies and analysis, post-deployment security validation (PDSV), and project risk management. As part of this team, you will contribute to the architecture and engineering of current and emerging cybersecurity systems, policies, and processes to enforce standards and identify vulnerabilities and capability gaps, and reduce cybersecurity risk of our customer networks.
The Architecture considers all aspects of a changing market place, evolving technological trends, and changing business needs due to strategy and/or changes in legislation. The Architecture is an ever-evolving architecture since the nature of cyber threats are changing. This is especially important for our customer as the threat landscape changes with newer technologies and newer ways of conducting business.
The System Architect shall coordinate the architecture work with the Government and shall maintain and enhance architecture plans and procedures for Government-sponsored programs. The System Architect shall develop enterprise and project architecture artifacts following defined standards and procedures.
**This position is eligible for maximum telework ( > 50%) for applicants residing in the National Capital Region (DC, MD, VA).**
**This position’s office location can be either Sterling, VA, or Rockville, MD.**
Required Skills and Education
- At least 8 years of experience with performing systems engineering/architecture for large systems-of-system
- Experience in design and development of system architecture to include interface models, system behavior models (including use case and sequence diagrams), network diagrams, data flow models, and traceability of requirements and standards to enterprise architecture models.
- Hands on experience in developing architecture artifacts following an architecture framework (DoDAF, TOGAF, FEAF)
- Hands on experience with architecture tools such as UNICOM System Architect, NoMagic Cameo Enterprise Architecture/MagicDraw/Cameo Systems Modeler, or other equivalent enterprise architecture tools
- Experience in systems engineering requirements and concept development, systems hardware and software design and development, and system integration.
- Experience working with multiple teams and ability to interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders at various levels within and outside of the organization to bring together the solution.
- Must have at least an active Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS EOD
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Expertise in developing UML and SysML models to support architecture, design, and development for large-scale program
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE).
- Experience using MBSE tools and methodology to develop architecture and integrating requirements, standards, and security controls to generate system-engineering products.
- Experience with transitioning requirements and specifications from DOORS into a model-based environment
- Experience with transitioning architecture and design data from Unicom System Architect into a model-based environment
- Current TS/SCI clearance or TS/SCI eligible
Typical Education and Experience Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience