We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information
Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as
human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big
ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and
succeed –today and into tomorrow.
- Working on a small project team, specify and provide hardware and software solutions for technical and scientific
research and operations testing for NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC).
- Develop custom hardware and software products with technical documentation for distributed and networked research
data acquisition systems using configuration managed software code base.
- Assist technical staff on center with software and hardware requirements specification and implementation estimates.
- Maintain existing DAS and Video acquisition systems on center for the operation of the wind tunnel and test stand
U.S. Citizenship required. BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university
and one (1) to two (2) years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training, and
certifications. The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security clearance. Experience with various Linux platforms and Microsoft OSs; and demonstrated relevant experience in any of the following specific programming languages; LabVIEW, MATLAB, C, C++, or Python. A strong mathematics, mechanical or electrical background will be considered favorably. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products is required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of software programming experience in any of the following languages LabVIEW, MATLAB,
FORTRAN, C, C++, C#, or Python using Microsoft Visual Studio or Qt development environments.
- Experience with development and integration of commercial software solutions, and open source software solutions, for
custom hardware and software projects.
- Technical expertise in computer/engineering systems design and analysis.
- Demonstrated software project and system documentation development experience for requirements, design,
acceptance testing and user guides.
- Working Knowledge of distributed network protocols and transport mechanisms TCP/IP, UDP, RPC, DCOM and OPC.
Office Environment 90%. An office or Control Room environment is the typical work area. Project implementations or troubleshooting events will be in an industrial or laboratory environment. Test/Industrial Environment-may be exposed to areas of high voltage, high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals, and industrial facilities (10%). Travel to other buildings onsite or nearby off-site facilities will be required and may bring exposure to loud noise and potentially hazardous equipment operation (10%). Appropriate PPE and training will be provided.
Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants and the like (20%). Appropriate PPE and
training will be provided for all conditions. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs with/without accommodation (100%)
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, copier, etc.) (80%)
Safety and Personal Protective Equipment (20%)
Hardware platforms – Microsoft PC and OS
Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Overtime/work outside normal schedule required (<20%). Travel (<5%)
Other Essential Functions:
U.S. Citizenship required. A valid driver’s license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety/risk hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to balance scope, schedule and budget to insure project success. The work environment requires the ability to cooperate and work with individuals at all levels of the company and the client. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required.