Title:COMSEC Systems Engineer - TS/SCI
KBR is looking for a Systems Engineer (COMSEC) to support one of our government customers in Chantilly, VA. This position will serve as a technical member of a dynamic systems engineering team supporting the GEOINT Ground (G2) organization. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
- Lead GEOINT ground acquisition, integration and test initiatives with a specific focus area in the acquisition, tracking, testing and fielding of sensitive Communications Security (COMSEC) equipment, software and associated programmatic requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) to teams coordinating, establishing and assessing requirements, CONOPS and architecture products, assessing system and segment schedule and risks, supporting release planning events in support of system and acquisition-level ground milestones.
- Work within the GEOINT Ground organization, spanning multiple acquisition programs in varying stages of the program life-cycle.
- Interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings.
- B.S. in engineering, physics or related technical degree with the following experience in space/ground aerospace systems engineering.
- At least 3 years’ experience working COMSEC accounts, acquisition, field deployment and accountability.
- At least 3 years’ experience with space/ground testing and systems engineering, systems integration, Verification, Validation and Transition (IVV&T) activities.
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting agile software development and verification strategies and integration of new systems and initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- Experience with test strategies and plans, executing tests, analyzing data and summarizing results.
- Experience with Communications Security acquisition process and controls.
- Experience within an acquisition office in the NRO.
- Prior experience with GEOINT ground mission processing or mission control systems, and/or mission operations is highly desired.
- Experience with commercial IVV&T techniques in service-oriented architecture (SOA) environments is also highly desirable.
Security Clearance Requirements : Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.