Concrete Manufacturing Operator
World-class precast concrete products manufacturer, Smith-Midland is hiring associates looking for a place to grow and prosper.
About Smith-Midland Corporation
Located in our hometown of Midland, VA, Smith-Midland practices the LEAN Manufacturing system originally developed by Toyota. Lean Manufacturing depends on strong associate participation in the continuous improvement of everyday processes. Ongoing training programs and team based interactions not only add value for our customers, but creates a working environment where you can learn and advance. Having been in business for over 60 years, our production of products for major architectural, transportation and utility market customers never stops. We’ve historically been a stable and reliable employer weathering many economic downturns.
Why make Smith-Midland Corporation a career choice?
- Smith-Midland pays a competitive wage with annual increases!
- Paid education tuition reimbursement and ongoing training and certification programs are available
- All employees are paid on a weekly schedule
- Annual profit sharing
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- A generous 401k retirement fund match program
- A monthly company contribution to your Health Savings Account
- Short term disability insurance and life insurance
Flexible schedules available
Monday-Friday start times between 4 am and 8 am, varying by department and position. See how we can fit "your schedule".
Skills needed to fulfill your team position (We will teach you ):
- Ability to work as part of a team where everyone contributes and is focused on making improvements in your daily work
- Desire to problem solve and ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings
- Demonstrates willingness to take direction and follows instructions
- Advises supervisor of any issues after daily inspections of the forms and equipment are completed
- May perform a variety of production duties including but not limited to operating a crane to maneuver product, materials, and oiling forms
- Proficient in utilizing tape measures and basic hand tools including, but not limited to trowels, hammers, wrenches, chisels, power tools, vibrators, table saws, etc
- Ability to read a tape measure within 1/16
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment with varying daily temperatures
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to lift 65lbs or more
- Experience with concrete, construction or manufacturing a plus but not required
- Experience with reading blue prints is a plus, mandatory.
Smith-Midland is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are looking for candidates who are currently available.