We are seeking a Configurations Manager add their skills to our team supporting the enterprise test organization responsible for verifying and validating product visual quality, as well as the accuracy of the support data, from a variety of digital collection systems. This is an exciting and dynamic job opportunity where you will advise the organization on methods and industry best practices to further streamlining software development, testing and maintenance to improve software quality. The configuration management team ensures a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements. To include, but not limited to, preparing documentation, determining effect of changes to product specifications, and participating in the Request for Change (RFC) process. The incumbent establishes and maintains configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by organization personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements.
In the role of Configuration Manager, you will
- Establish and maintain configuration and data management policies and procedures
- Analyze changes to product specifications to determine the effect on the end product
- Prepare documentation necessary for change control.
- Design and establish configuration management documentation.
- Authorize the release of drawings, schedules and system configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups through the RFC process.
- Operate configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing.
- Perform configuration management and release engineering tasks
- Work with standard commercial software products used for configuration management (e.g. DOORS, JSMART, etc.)
- May develop configuration standards for agency-wide use.
- May train requirement engineers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards.
- May provide guidance to less experienced employees.
Required Skills and Education
- 11-14 Years with High School
- 5-8 Years with BS/BA
- 3-6 Years with MS/MA
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science in a related field
- 6+ years of experience with Configurations Management processes
- HP Application Lifecycle Management
Typical Education and Experience Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience