SUMMARY: VSE is seeking a Consolidations Manager to lead the company’s monthly financial accounting close and consolidation process for external and internal reporting using Oracle FCCS consolidation tool. The position will be responsible for coordinating certain close activities for Corporate and Business Segment accounting teams, including the consolidation of their results monthly as well as the design, application and improvement of policies and controls related to consolidation. Additionally, this position will work closely with the financial reporting team to assist and participate in the quarterly SEC external reporting processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage the monthly close process and consolidation process using Oracle FCCS, including the validation of segment financials and production of monthly internal consolidated financial statements.
- Own and administer the Oracle FCCS consolidation tool, including the design and application of related policies, procedures, and controls.
- Review consolidation entries, account analyses/reconciliations, supporting schedules and calculations for periodic close.
- Facilitate periodic, quarterly, and ad-hoc balance sheet and P&L reviews
- Analyzes financial results to identify unusual transactions, fluctuations, and trends, and prepares existing and ad-hoc reports for management
- Collate, review, and organize segment balance sheet account roll-forwards and summary schedules supporting consolidated financial account balances
- Assist with the preparation and review of various quarterly and annual schedules supporting the 10-Q/Ks prior to these schedules being provided to SEC reporting.
- Assist/support the Financial Reporting Team with the preparation of 10-K/Q filings using Workiva
- Work with segment accounting departments to ensure efficient and timely monthly and quarterly closes and to support operational improvement initiatives
- Drive automation and processes improvement initiatives throughout financial reporting and consolidation activities to sustain Controllership strategic objectives
- Assist in managing our external financial auditors to ensure efficient and effective communications between the audit and VSE accounting teams.
- Ensure key internal controls are properly identified and functioning as designed, and prepare quarterly documentation, as needed, in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Actively participate and support the implementation of financial accounting applications/tools.
- Other tasks and special projects as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 7+ years of related experience
- CPA license
- Hands-on general ledger experience
- Experience using Oracle FCCS, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), or similar consolidation tools
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices/policies, accounting information systems and risk management
- Experience managing corporate financial consolidation for preparation and incorporation into company 10Q, 10K, 8K, and proxy statements
- Excellent analytical, accounting (US GAAP), audit/SOX skills, project management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects which require influence and implementation across business groups and functions
- Experience with Oracle, Costpoint, Blackline, Workivia, MS Project, SharePoint.
- Willing to travel ~10% of time to support business financial reporting activities.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.