TheKEEN KANTEENis seeking aCook to join our growing team! Weaim to beaPortland destination in the food and beverage industry, focusing on providing quality food made from local ingredientswhile making environmentally smart choices to reduce waste. Ourkitchen leadersprovide an amazing environment that provides a safe space forour staffandopportunities for personal growth and development.
Part-time,Mondaythrough Friday,breakfast and lunch services
The Cook efficiently prepares and serves meals for daily service and catered events according to menu and recipe guidelines. This role follows kitchen opening and closing procedures adhering to local health department requirements.
- Prepares meal ingredients, including washing, peeling, cutting, and assembling food items
- Receives orders from kitchen point of sale. Understands operation of the point-of-sale system
- Executes meal preparation according to recipe standards and dietary restrictions
- Provides accurate meal descriptions to guests with continued knowledge of menu
- Adheres to proper food handling, sanitation, safety, and personal hygiene and health standards
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of work areas, equipment, and food storage
- Maintains food pars and communicates production needs to the manager/chef on duty
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to kitchen manager
- One (1) year of culinary experience
- Must have current Oregon Food Handlers card
- Knowledge of kitchen and food safety
- Ability to work quickly and effectively with others
- Strong communication skills
- Treats all team members with respect and courtesy
- Strong customer focus
- Strong knife skills
- Ability and willingness to shift into any kitchen position when needed
This position will not require travel
Why Work at KEEN:
Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $18 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protectthe places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place.
At KEEN, we believe in a more just and equitable future for all people. As a global brand, we acknowledge that our business, buildings, and daily lives exist within the traditional territories of indigenous peoples. We strive for a future that recognizes the knowledge, rights, and resilience of these peoples.
KEEN Footwear is an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.