Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Coordinator of Employee Career Development
This field only applies to Faculty
Commensurate with education and experience
DT Center for Teaching & Lear
Reporting to the Director of Professional Development, the Coordinator of Employee Career Development is responsible for developing and coordinating the College’s career path and professional development programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies professional development needs and career paths for groups within the College and counsels individuals about their career paths and development
- Creates instructional materials and programs that are designed to continue developing employee skills
- Solicits input for professional development activities from staff via surveys, focus groups, studies, committees, and other informal methods
- Markets and promotes professional development activities using a variety of media, including print and electronic, email, web site, blogs, social media, etc.
- Supports coaching and mentoring programs and coordinates the nomination process for leadership and development programs
- Assists with the development and management of the TCC learning management system
- Administers skills and cognitive/behavioral assessments for development purposes
- Identifies and develops career paths for faculty, support staff, administrative, professional, and technical positions
- Develops seminar series for professional career enhancement, such as improving interpersonal skills, management, and other soft skills
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually, and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Tarrant County College ( TCC ) Institute
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation, and creativity and service to the College
- Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Professional Development
*Performs Other Related Tasks as Required
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years’ working experience related to the Essential Performance Requirements
- Master’s degree
- Experience teaching or training in a post-secondary setting
- Experience working with community college staff
- Knowledge of professional development needs assessment and outcome evaluation
- Skilled in excellent oral and written communications
- Skilled in excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with diverse populations
- Skilled using applications and enterprise systems, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and a setting that is diverse and urban
- Ability to think critically to effectively solve and communicate problems in a fast-paced environment where the demands for work are varied, and unpredictable in scope and volume
- Ability to analyze data and provide sound recommendations based on policy, procedure, practice, and existing regulations
- Ability to delegate work appropriately to faculty and staff to meet College and campus deliverables
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Candidates selected to interview will prepare a presentation and submit prior to the interview. If selected, more details will be provided.
Posting Contact Summary
Should you have questions specific to this position please contact the following individual
Ho Yan Kelsey Kwan
***** Applicant Documents
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Certification / License