The Groundskeeper will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of properties and grounds. It will also be responsible for duties including, but not limited to mowing, weeding, edging, trimming, irrigation repairs, mulching, fertilizing, debris removal, landscaping and more. The hours are M-F 7:00am-3:30pm. Are you a self-starter and like to work in a positive environment? Come and join our team today!
- Performs mowing and grounds maintenance work involving lawns, walkways, parking areas, and related areas.
- Follows safety procedures, utilizes safety equipment, and monitors work environment to ensure safety of employees, visitors, and other individuals; removes dangerous debris, foliage, or other objects from areas typically occupied by visitors.
- Responds to work orders or work requests to conduct various grounds maintenance projects as assigned; plans work activities to minimize disruption to areas utilized/occupied by visitors, employees, or other individuals; reports potentially hazardous or dangerous situations to supervisor; responds to emergency situations.
- Performs various grounds maintenance tasks, such as mowing/edging grass/landscaped areas, cutting down trees/shrubs, cutting tree limbs/stumps, picking up and disposing of tree limbs, trimming shrubs/hedges, maintaining shrubs and ground cover, removing vines from fencing, clearing ditches, cleaning/weeding flower beds, preparing beds for planting of flowers/shrubs, planting/removing flowers, planting/mulching trees/shrubs, watering trees/plants, raking/blowing leaves, removing insect nests, spreading ground materials, picking up debris/litter, digging holes/trenches, shoveling materials, or lifting/moving heavy materials.
- Performs general/manual tasks associated with facility projects.
- Operates a variety of equipment, machinery and tools, which may include a utility truck, riding mower, push mower, edger, weed eater, leaf blower, air compressor, pressure washer, grinder, chain saw, pole saw, hedge clipper, pruner, pick ax, shovel, rake, pitchfork, ladder, yard tools, mechanic tools, or hand tools.
- Inspects/test machinery, equipment, and part for proper operations; makes adjustments, repairs, or replacements as appropriate; reports problem situations.
- Performs general cleaning/maintenance tasks necessary to keep vehicles, equipment, and tools in operable condition, which may include inspecting equipment, checking fluid levels, replacing fluids, greasing equipment, replacing parts, sharpening blades, washing/cleaning equipment, or cleaning shop/work areas; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment; locks/secures equipment after use to ensure safety and security.
- Transports, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects or at work sites; transports workers and equipment to/from work sites.
- Assists in monitoring inventory levels of equipment, tools, and supplies; initiates requests for new or replacement materials.
- Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, work orders, receipts, diagrams, material safety data sheets, operational guides, manuals, reference materials, or other documentation, review, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
- Communicates with supervisor and employees to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum 5 months previous experience and/or training involving grounds maintenance, equipment maintenance, custodial work, and manual labor; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.