*$10,000 Sign-On Bonus
CT Scan Tech
reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, produces computerized tomographic Radiographs of designated anatomical areas, as requested, in order to provide the Radiologists with diagnostic information with service excellence.
- Provides computed tomography imaging and patient care services at defined levels to patients. Description
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Utilizes ALARA principles during examinations.
- Implements radiation protection and safety standards.
- Prepares for and assists the physician in computed tomography procedures, including interventional procedures. Performs reconstruction of CT images.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
This position is full-time, 80 hours per pay period, 8 hour day shift with alternating start times between 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., with alternating weekends and holidays.
This position will assist with staffing needs at both sites: Northwestern Medicine Palos Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Orland Park Palos Imaging.Qualifications
Must be a graduate of an AMA approved school of radiology technology and hold a current certification from the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety. Advanced level registry examination in CT is required within a year upon hire. Membership in the American Society of Radiology Technology is preferred. Must be CPR certified.