In 2010, IBM inventors received a record 9,130 patents, led by research in artificial intelligence, cloud computing, security and quantum computing (this was the company's 28th consecutive year of U.S. patent leadership). IBM’s leadership is not only about technology, but also about our deep understanding of industry and client needs, and relentless focus on privacy, safety and ethics. At IBM we believe these technologies have the potential to deeply change human society, and to become a new engine of economic development. Around the world, and with so much opportunity, these skills are becoming critical to economic development, business success, and individual empowerment.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Expert Labs Customer Training team is looking for a professional with solid understanding of Go-to-Market and Routes-to-Market strategies for training services, expertise working with a diverse sales ecosystem, working with clients, passion for the role of education in product adoption, and experience building ecosystems focused both on revenue and eminence growth.
This role will have the responsibility of defining and executing growth strategies for the Expert Labs Customer Training Business which includes revenue generation from digital training, expert-led training, and skills advisory services; as well as ecosystem growth through Global Training Partners (GTPs), Business Partners (BPs), and MOOCs (Coursera, Edx, etc.). This role involves working with internal stakeholders, customers, and our learning services ecosystem.
The Learning organization is building programs through which we will share IBM’s wealth of resources in these fields with organizations and academic institutions around the world, and we are looking for professionals with a passion for skills development. Join us to help IBM significantly impact the growth of these skills in the market, and to deepen your own technology skills.Preferred locations: Raleigh, NC, Austin, TX or New York CityYour Role and Responsibilities
- Working with IBM teams to drive the growth of the customer training business while positively impacting customer product adoption
- Drive revenue growth working with services sellers, license sellers and other sellers to include our offerings in sales proposals
- Drive increase of training attach rate with consulting engagements working with delivery team
- Drive growth through enterprise contracts inclusion
- Drive consumption of digital subscriptions
- Working with clients to identify skills gaps and present recommended solutions to fill gaps
- Partnering with other IBM teams for identification of skills development opportunities
- Building the revenue and eminence ecosystem
- Refine Global Training Partner current strategies to increase content licensing and platform revenue
- Leverage MOOCs (Coursera, Edx, Pluralsight) for eminence and revenue
- Build reselling relationships with VADs and Business Partners
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years’ experience working with technology vendors or training vendors in technical sales, consulting, training, or services sales
- Expertise supporting startup-like business growth
- Ability to work with multiple internal teams through influence and expertise
- Ability to advise customers on skills development programs in alignment with business goals
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master’s in computer science, data science, analytics, or artificial intelligence