As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist with IBM you'll, under general direction, apply knowledge of mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. You'll also evaluate accuracy and quality of data sources, as well as the designed models. In addition, you'll evaluate new and existing data sources, processes, and architecture to develop recommendations. Remote work is available for this opportunity.#regionalcptesix
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Eligibility for a DoD Secret clearance.
- Requires a Masters degree with 10 years' experience or Bachelors degree with 12 years' experience.
- 7+ years of experience in data analytics, predictive analytics, mathematics, statistics, or similar field.
- 4+ years of experience developing predictive or statistical models such as regressions, decision trees, neural networks, simulations, and/or optimizations.
- 4+ years of experience using SPSS, SAS, R, Python, or similar.
- 3+ years years of demonstrated skill and experience in analyzing data using Excel or other methods.
- 3+ years of experience in data preparation, manipulation, and cleansing, in particular for large datasets.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience in understanding unclear customer requirements and how they translate into technical tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in conveying complex technical topics to non-technical personnel.
- Experience managing teams of 5 or more data scientists, developers, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with business owners to translate business problems into technical solutions.
- DoD experience/background.
- Active DoD Secret clearance