Overview: Quinnipiac University invites applicants for the position of Dean's Administrative Assistant in the College of Arts and Sciences. This position will provide high-level administrative assistant support for the Office of the Dean, including secretarial, staff assistance, and clerical duties. About Quinnipiac: Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities. Responsibilities:
- Maintain the efficient operation of the Dean’s Office.
- Manage the professional communications that are part of the Dean’s Office function including phone calls, incoming mail/email, routine correspondence, memos, minutes, reports, grants, forms, etc. Edit for accuracy, format, punctuation and construction. Maintain the confidentiality of issues that are presented to the Dean’s office.
- Coordinate communication for the College: post content (provided by college) on social media and monitor the college’s social media presence; coordinate content and production for brochures promoting the college; organize a college-specific digital newsletter for alumni/friends of the college.
- Assist the dean in overseeing and monitoring the budget, including reporting, reconciling expenditures and maintaining appropriate financial files. Process on-line requisitions, verifying availability of funds, verifying invoices and reconciling accounts.
- Organize and maintain appropriate professional files related to faculty, staff and students.
- Coordinate and maintain records for events and meetings, including Open Houses, Admitted Students Days, Orientation, etc.
- Coordinate the scheduling and documentation of all college clerical staff paid time off, group project work, and coordinate communications between other college administrative assistants, deans, and chairs.
- Maintain and coordinate the Dean’s calendar and the college calendar with the Executive Committee to schedule faculty meetings, chair meetings, and other activities appropriate to the office.
- Interact/correspond with faculty, parents, students, and visitors; answer questions within scope of authority & knowledge.
- Utilize university software to retrieve and maintain information.
- Arrange conferences, meetings and travel as required, notify participants and arrange for all materials, food, facilities, technical equipment, budgets, travel arrangements and support functions. Process travel expense reimbursement requests and reconcile travel budget. Work with staff to arrange logistics for site visits by accreditation visitors and coordinate arrangements. Assist with the organization, preparation and ordering for receptions, open houses, information sessions and other events. Schedule and coordinate meetings inclusive of all related logistics.
- Order office and event supplies as needed; assist in arrangements for food, speakers and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- High-level administrative experience including advanced computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
- Please note this is a Grade 6 position in the Clerical & Technical Union
- The hourly rate is $24.96
- Work week is 35 hours per week
- This position requires the successful completion of a Microsoft Office skills test and background check
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visitwww.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: June 02, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time