ECI is the leading global provider of managed services, cybersecurity, and business transformation for mid-market financial services organizations across the globe. From its unmatched range of services, ECI provides stability, security and improved business performance, freeing clients from technology concerns and enabling them to focus on running their businesses. More than 1,000 customers worldwide with over $3 trillion of assets under management put their trust in ECI.
At ECI, we believe success is driven by passion and purpose. Our passion for technology is only surpassed by our commitment to empowering our employees around the world.
As a Desktop Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with the some of the latest technology and a myriad of clients in an organization that fosters an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for ECIs success.
In this role, the successful Desktop Support Engineer will see the world through the eyes of the customer delivering technical support and consultation to our clients in the financial services, life sciences, legal and manufacturing verticals just to mention a few. Your typical day will involve a variety of wide-ranging opportunities in a fast-paced environment including triaging daily support incidents, desktop and light server troubleshooting, hardware and software installation, upgrades, and transformative projects.
In this onsite role, you may be 100 dedicated to one of our flagship clients or have the opportunity to support multiple clients.
What you will do:
- Resolve support cases and work orders associated with end-user issues, physical and cloud infrastructure, and project related tasks
- Provide accurate, comprehensive notes on work performed to account for time spent with customers
- Perform basic hardware troubleshooting on desktop/laptops, printers, mobile devices, rack-mount servers
- Provide end-user software support on common productivity technologies such as Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, and QuickBooks
- Support and troubleshoot common mail platform and security systems such as Microsoft Exchange, Google Workspace, Proofpoint Essentials and Mimecast
- Triage with external vendors to support niche market platforms such as Bloomberg, Order Management Systems (OMS), Report Management Systems, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms
- Execute basic system maintenance including software and operating system patching, software version upgrades and critical patch applications
- Provide support of Active Directory such as add/remove users, password resets, Group Policy application, task scheduling
- Deliver high-level consultation on information security fundamentals such as good password hygiene practices, multi-factor authentication recommendations and social-engineering defense
- Interface with common technology support tools such as Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM), Mobile Device/Mobile Application Management, Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware
- Participate in after-hours client projects including cloud migrations/conversions, major upgrades, office relocations, and hardware refreshes
- Apply basic understanding of network principles such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
Who you are:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology related field, or 2+ years comparable experience in technology related customer support
- Proficient with Microsoft Operating Systems such as Windows Server and Windows 10/11
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of e-mail and spam technologies, and how messaging flows through these systems
- Basic understanding of cyber-security concepts and technologies like Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Anti-virus/Anti-malware, Software Firewall, Web-filtering and social engineering
- Hands-on hardware experience with desktops, laptops, and servers
- Familiarity with file system support including permissions, sharing, backups and restores
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft 365 suite, Google Workspace, Amazon Web Services
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building and managing expectations
- Highly self-motivated and directed, in a fast-paced team environment
- Sharp attention to detail with proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Effective time management and excellent prioritization skills
- Able to travel for business and work beyond normal business hours when necessary. No overnight travel.
- Able to lift and transport moderately heavy equipment such as computers, power supplies and servers in excess of 50lbs
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Managed Service Providers (MSP)
- Experience with Virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Understanding of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
- Hands-on experience administering Microsoft 365
- Financial Services Industry experience
ECIs culture is all about connection - connection with our clients, our technology and most importantly with each other. In addition to working with an amazing team around the world, ECI also offers a competitive compensation package, unlimited PTO, benefit eligibility the first of the month, pet insurance, 401K with employer match and so much more! If you believe youd be a great fit and are ready for your best job ever, wed like to hear from you!
Love Your Job, Share Your Technology Passion, Create Your Future Here!