The Digital Technical Lead provides strategic direction and manages day to day operations for the Guardian customer facing applications. This role requires comprehensive technical knowledge combined with the ability to lead, mentor and manage a diverse team of technologists with varying levels of experience along with managing stakeholders.
- Responsible for day to day management of the development team (onshore, offshore and vendors) inclusive of the design, build, integration and quality assurance of the consumer facing platform.
- Build, manage, and maintain a strong application development team with appropriate knowledge and skillsets. Provide mentorship, identify training needs, coach and support as appropriate.
- Provide hands-on technical and systems architecture design and development.
- Ensure that the Engineering team delivers consistent, repeatable and cost-effective platform and application development.
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently.
- Ensure team follows required security guidelines, infrastructure processes, policies and other administrative/corporate procedures.
- Create and maintain Digital and Technology Roadmaps.
- Continuous platform performance tuning, benchmarking, code quality management.
- Create and foster collaborative relationships with Product Management, QA, and Operations teams and support them to ensure that products are correctly defined, prioritized, documented, tested, and released timely.
- Ensure standardization of approaches, frameworks and toolsets.
- Educating & empowering the wider business as to the use of digital technologies & practices.
- Staying current on trends, tools and best practices within the digital & tech industries.
- Extend and adapt our software delivery processes, leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework ("SAFe") knowledge base and core Agile practices.
- Leverage metrics to guide a continuous improvement strategy.
As our Technical Lead, you will report to our Head of Martech and CDX technologies, who reports to our Consumer Technology Solutions Executive.Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience working in IT.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience leading and managing Application Development teams.
- Development experience in web-based products, including single page applications.
- Must have extensive hands on experience with high traffic sites and multi-tier architecture/caching.
- Hands on experience with AWS.
- Experience with Agile frameworks and tools. SAFe or Agile certification is a plus.
- Experience working within a CI/CD environment.
- Experience in Insurance industry is a plus.
- Experience with Contentful CMS a plus.
- Cloud architecture experience, preferable AWS.
Location & Vaccination Requirements
- Latest HTML and CSS best practices and standards
- API Frameworks such as Express.js
- Prefer experience with React, Redux, or similar web app framework
- Linux/Bash scripting
- Apache HTTP server
- Network protocols including HTTP and Websockets
- Code repository and scripted deployment tools, preferably Git, Jenkins
- The primary location for this position is Holmdel, NJ
- Covid - 19 vaccinations required for this position.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the candidate's affirmation of being Full Vaccinated prior to commencing employment in the new role. New hires will have five business days from their start date to provide proof of vaccination through our Vaccination Status Confirmation Form. "Fully Vaccinated" means that at least two weeks have elapsed since you received the recommended number of doses of any COVID-19 vaccine that is currently fully approved, or authorized for emergency use, by the Food and Drug Administration or that have been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
If an applicant is unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, Guardian may provide reasonable accommodations. This policy may not apply to any Guardian colleagues working in a local jurisdiction (state, county, or city) that implements a law prohibiting a private employer from requiring vaccination, unless there is an applicable vaccine mandate from the federal government that would supersede the vaccination laws of the local jurisdiction. Guardian, in its sole discretion, may modify or terminate this requirement at any time.
10% Travel required for this position
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. We help people and their families pursue financial security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover and thrive after unexpected loss.
From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and financial strength. And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at www.GuardianLife.com.
© Copyright 2021 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.