California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
Utilizing the tools of web and mobile technologies, including AI and machine learning, Digital Transformation strives to create a culture of easily accessible, intelligently designed, and seamless systems to improve the human experience at CSUSB by making interactions available from anywhere. We seek to improve university processes, eliminate administrative bottlenecks, reduce technology barriers, and increase operational efficiency by creating intuitive, agile, and efficient tools to accelerate graduation, increase retention, and support the success of our students, faculty, and staff.
Under the indirect supervision of the Digital Transformation Lead and immediate supervision of the Director of Digital Transformation in the Division of Information Technology Services, the Project Coordinator will coordinate and deliver Digital Transformation projects and assist in the development and maintenance of the campus web, mobile, and smart technology products and features. The Project Coordinator is also charged with improving the way that web, mobile, and smart technology projects, products and features are planned, built, supported, maintained, assessed, marketed, and promoted.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with campus or community stakeholders to understand their needs and how a project's outcomes will address them.
- Communicate with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives. Communicate project changes and plans with various departments.
- Create roadmaps and timelines for projects to ensure timely and successful completion.
- Monitor project progress and create project status reports for department administrators, leads, team members, and stakeholders.
- Identify the need for, coordinate the assembly of, and participate in project development meetings.
- Coordinate project team members and constituents to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Identify ways in which Digital Transformation can improve the user experience, expand the functionality, and increase the awareness of the myCoyote portal and mobile app.
- Document business and technical requirements and generate reports.
- Oversee the quality assurance and acceptance testing process.
- Coordinate with team members to evaluate potential problems and technical roadblocks and develop solutions.
- Assist in defining, analyzing, and driving key metrics that accurately measure success.
- Report on and help measure the success of our product features, new programs, and tools we create and support. Help determine how we can do better through continuous improvement.
Employment Status: Full-time, Temporary, "exempt" position.
Application Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will begin on June 21, 2022.
Required Application Materials
Candidates are required to attach a letter of application, curricula vitae/resume, a list of at least three (3) professional references.
- Generally, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Some weekends and evenings may be required.
- Working knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to listen intently and understand individual perspective and needs.
- Self-starters, able to work independently, and have an awareness of when and how to take initiative.
- Those in this position should understand the processes required to both build the right things and to build them correctly.
- Those in this position should have an innate sense for how users most effectively interact with technical products.
- Familiarity with the technologies and techniques used to expand and maintain web and mobile applications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Those in this position must have an equivalent of 1 or more years of relevant experience in project management, web technologies, or instructional technology.
- Experience working in a higher education environment with faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Working knowledge of or experience in the following: current web and mobile technologies and methodologies, responsive design; attention to detail and testing across multiple browsers and platforms; WCAG 2.0, the benefits of using APIs.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,372 - $5,000 per month
Classification Range: $4,372 - $10,792 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to effectively implement the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled