Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
We are working with a Private Equity backed, CPG company looking to add a Director, Financial Planning and Analysis to their team. The position will be remote, with the opportunity for a hybrid model in the future.
The Director of FP&A, reporting directly to the CFO, will be responsible for leading the FP&A processes for the Company and assisting the CFO on setting strategies and implementing reporting and process initiatives across the company. Focus will be on establishing and driving the company’s financial planning and analysis function with an emphasis on performance improvement, providing quality management information, and furthering the development of scalable reporting systems and processes, analytical tools, and key performance metrics. Candidate must be able to quickly ramp-up the learning curve to identify the key levers of performance across the platform in order to develop a credible rapport with constituents. Must be able to collaborate across all functional areas of the business constructively and efficiently, within a fast paced, distribution focused, private equity backed company.
In concert with the CFO and finance team, establish the company’s financial planning function with an emphasis on providing quality management information, and furthering the development of systems, processes, and metrics. This includes:
- Developing and reporting of key financial, pricing, sales, and operational data/metrics in dashboards and forecasts.
- Working with functional leaders across the organization, develop and maintain a 13-week rolling cash flow forecast.
- Supporting the production of detailed, bottom-up budgets and forecasts to support short-term and long-term strategic planning
- Working directly with the various business and functional leaders to educate and support them in developing their strategic plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Providing data and trends related to customers, suppliers and markets, that further inform the understanding of key trends in the business.
Support the company’s financial analysis function with an emphasis on performance improvement and providing relevant and timely external analysis. This includes:
- Analyzing cash flow, cost control and expenses, as well as collaborating with the various business and functional leaders to suggest and implement improvements.
- Performing economic and industry analyses to identify and recommend response strategies to trends impacting the business.
- Monitoring the company’s performance in context of external market benchmarks and comparable, as well as internally tracked KPI targets.
- Researching and investigating financial and operational performance variance issues and assisting business leaders in taking appropriate corrective actions.
Required Knowledge and Skills/Key Attributes
- Solid business acumen, ideally with previous experience in distribution focused businesses and/or private equity ownership,
- Process mapping with an eye toward simplification and streamlining
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, with acute attention to detail, accuracy and accountability balanced with sound business judgment.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines. A high sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt and thrive with change and complexity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Trusted liaison to, and relationships with, senior management and board members.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience in Finance and FP&A roles
- A strong track record of reporting and financial analysis, preferably in a high growth, private equity organization with FP&A experience involving acquisitions and/or sale processes; international experience a plus
- Experience in building scalable financial planning, analysis and reporting models and processes to facilitate company growth.
- Experience and ability to model and synthesize complex financial analysis, operational, and KPI data into concise presentations and decision framework, on a regular basis.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems and databases and reporting/analysis packages such as Power BI
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in finance, accounting, or industrial engineering