Job Number 72727BR
Job Title Director, Marketing - OPCD, Cable
Business Segment Ad Sales
Sub-Business Ad Sales Creative Partnerships
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Country United States
State Multiple Locations
City See List Below
• At least 10 years’ experience in creative roles in advertising sales marketing within the television industry, advertising agency, or digital company with ad supported revenue or highly related experience
• Demonstrated track record of success in translating advertiser objectives into high profile integrated marketing or branded content campaigns from creative problem-solving brainstorms through flawless execution
• Proven ability to collaborate with and influence senior executives, including excellent executive-level presentation skills, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Experience in digital solutions a must and experience with new digital platforms or products highly desired
• Entertainment or media experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Photoshop and a working knowledge of SharePoint & Salesforce
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
• Willingness to travel and work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Solutions-oriented thinker who can operate within a large organization and has a proven ability to get things done while managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated track record of leadership in dealing with conflict and problem solves in real time
• Innate understanding matrixed organizations with proven ability to identify key stakeholders needed in decision making, the ability to balance between different business unit needs – managing expectations and serving as liaison between internal and external partners.
• Ability to balance production needs with Client expectations, acting as primary liaison between the two
• Passionate about reality television/digital media space and creating best-in-class, innovative client solutions
• Strong ability to anticipate and accommodate needs, requests and issues on the client, sales and production sides
• Adjusts communication style to different people and situations
• Ability to create best-in-class, innovative client solutions with the consumer in mind
• Strong organizational, project management, analytical and research related skills
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills
• Experience running paid ad campaigns on social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Snap and Instagram
• Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and the creative development process
• Understanding of the promotion / content development process and experience executing promotions
• Strong interpersonal skills - with the ability to work with interdepartmental teams and external clients
• Familiarity with the standard digital audience and social analytics tools (Omniture, @Plan, comScore, etc.) and ability to derive insights from the data is a plus
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.