What you'll do...
You: a strategic thinker and Technology Strategist, looking for new challenges.
Us: ready to welcome you to a dynamic job with a company that’s redefining the retail industry.
Join the eComm Marketing Planning and Strategy team at Walmart and make an impact not only on the future of retail, but on topics and issues that matter to millions around the world. This is a position that has you thinking on your feet every day, pivoting and multi-tasking. You’ll be immersed in 360 eComm Marketing Technology work, reaching diverse audiences both internally and externally. An ability to jump in with an executive presence and thought leadership is key.
Success in this role also means having a few sharp tools in your arsenal, most importantly impressive marketing skills and deep experience working with the technology strategy. This position is immersed in strategic issues that help shape the reputation of the company as well as consumer loyalty. Skills, knowledge and ambition are equally important.
There’s no limit to what the future holds in this role. Explore the opportunities now.
- Tests new consumer concepts and leverages multicultural customer insights and analytics to provide input into new marketing or service strategies.
- Allocates resources to new marketing or service strategies and collaborates with multiple stakeholders (e.g., legal, merchants, finance/planning, tech groups) to garner support for the strategies.
- Creates brand development strategy, concepts, and corresponding output (e.g., brand style guides, graphic treatment for apps).
- Actively participates in and represents marketing plans in cross-functional venues.
- Reviews customer and competitor insight data and makes recommendations on new/additional target audience segments (e.g., young mothers vs. customers near the stores) and marketing channel priorities (e.g., Pinterest vs. Facebook, online vs. print including multicultural considerations).
- Develops criteria and approves modifications for targeted items based on customer insights, competitor, and other new information.
- Continuously adjusts strategy and plans based on campaign ROI, real-time trends, and other insights.
- Reviews performance trends and socializes recommendations regarding Walmart's brand position and ongoing maintenance plan to elevate Walmart's brand position.
Creative Brief Development:
- Develops creative briefs for a large, complex initiative/campaign (e.g., holiday).
- Drafts direction and key messages to promote the desired behaviors (e.g., driving customers to additional channels or products).
- Reviews target audience, objectives, budget, and timeline for all initiatives within for a large, complex campaign (e.g., holiday).
- Reviews and edits creative considerations (media, materials, tone).
Media Strategy and Planning:
- Drafts media investment strategy to optimize marketing spends and value (e.g., drive customers to the appropriate channels for the lowest cost to Walmart).
- Recommends new performance metrics to test effectiveness of existing or new marketing channels.
- Recommends allocation of AOP budget into various media components based on strategy, customer insights and external trends. Fosters relationships with key contacts at media channels.
Marketing Initiative Implementation and Management:
- Manages all aspects of a large, complex imitative or campaign.
- Identifies targeted customer segments and recommends steps to enhance sales and net profits for those segments.
- Develops plans for all communications (e.g., email, mobile, mail and social media) to ensure a consistent customer experience and brand alignment.
- Provides guidance and input into internal/external agency marketing plans, ensuring maintenance of brand positioning and that messaging is in alignment with the brand.
- Leads the development of enduring brand messages for a complex campaign or product, resulting in increased sales, brand loyalty and reputable customer experience.
Annual Operating Plan:
- Drafts annual operating plan (AOP) based on review of data sets and associated insights, researching trends, and identifying competitor strategic dynamics.
- Ensures AOP execution. Understands operational success and establishes operating requirements for implementation teams.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (e.g., Advertising, Digital Marketing, eCommerce Category Marketing, Creative, Operations, Category Management, Site Merchandising, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Analytics) to execute on complex campaigns and ensure consistent brand messages across all channels.
- Works with senior leadership to prioritize items, address barriers, determine plan and make cross-campaign decisions.
- Leads collection of and shares complex information (e.g., gathering, and annotating product with the right info and intent) with key stakeholders and influencers.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 4 years' experience in marketing or related field OR 7 years'experience in marketing or related field.
1 year's supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading cross-functional projects, Marketing, Supervisory
Masters: Business Administration
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America