Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is currently hiring for a Director of Philanthropic Organizations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Special Initiatives for the Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement team, the Director of Philanthropy Organizations, Giving Circles manages a diverse array of affinity-based programs that support scholarships and university initiatives through the power of collective giving. The Director will work closely with the Deans of each College and other members of the Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement (PAE) team. He/She will actively solicit and manage donors, as well as coordinate and organize special events and programming for such organizations. This role will contribute to the achievement of the university’s strategic goal by securing unrestricted and minimally restricted, immediate use gifts.
The Director oversees donor relations with contributors to the organizations he/she manages. The Director will undertake regular personal visits with a unique portfolio of donors, while directly soliciting for lead annual and major gifts.
The successful candidate will possess exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills. They will attack their role with an unwavering commitment to urgency, attention to detail, and accuracy and with a service-oriented outlook. The Director must perceive and recommend opportunities for synergy and possess the ability to leverage their advancement experience and professional insights to make sound, independent decisions with strategic and financial impact on the program and the University.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of philanthropy experience within Higher Education or Non-Profit Organization
- Ability to successfully conduct face to face solicitations
- Prior event planning experience
- Background in communications and marketing with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills; capable of assessing and analyzing data
- Ability to conduct prospect research
- Highly creative and very focused on outcomes
- Tenacious, detail-oriented, thorough, and reliable; relentlessly service-oriented
- Basic understanding of HTML and web editor’s tools
- Basic Understanding of imodules alumni engagement platform
- Proper business correspondence
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Use of general office equipment and computer
- Use of the internet as a productivity or research tool
- Business and professional etiquette
- Development and alumni relations best practices
- Basic understanding of research
- Effectively use and communicate through social media techniques and platforms
- Apply mobile device technology for productivity, communication, and social media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills, emphasizing a solutions-oriented mentality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic budgeting and cost-estimating
- Customer relations skills
- Analyze and synthesize prospect reports, maps, tables, graphs, and other technical information
- Work in a team environment, being self-motivated, well prepared, with routinely follow through.
- Demonstrate strong character, emphasizing integrity, caring, and honesty, as well as loyalty to the institution.
- Develop proficiency with university’s fundraising database/software
- Maintain positive and respectful engagement with colleagues and clients
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Adaptable and resilient when confronted with challenges and changing priorities
- Manage and meet deadlines
- Adhere to divisional and university policies and procedures.
- Generate prospect reports, maps, and other technical information associated with giving and engagement
- Work effectively in a multi-faceted organization and develop mutually respectful relationships with stakeholders at all levels as well as diverse individuals and communities.
- Manage sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrate an authentic and enthusiastic interest in the mission of the university
- Optimize travel planning and execution
- Travel as appropriate by automobile, aircraft and other means for work related trips
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and possess the ability to safely and effectively drive