**Rocky Vista University**
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**Location, Job Title, Benefits**
**A special opportunity as the first**
**Director of Tracks and Electives at Rocky Vista University**
(expected start date January of 2023)
**We are looking for someone to help lead and establish the Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine, a branch campus of Rocky Vista University which will be located in Billings, MT.**
**To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.**
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution. **A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.**
RVU is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Director of Preclinical Education, Year 2, will coordinate and manage Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine's preclinical curriculum for Year 2.
**Essential Job Functions**
- Assist and provide feedback to Pre-Clinical COM course directors for the supervision and execution of Pre-Clinical courses, including assistance with course planning, scheduling of academic teaching events, communication with guest teaching faculty, interfacing with the Office of Testing, finalization of grades, delivering the end of course report to the COM curriculum committee (DOCC), addressing student needs and concerns, and completing curriculum assessment.
- Help build a culture that respects, values, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Monitor, assess, and meet with MCOM students with course failures or otherwise have academic difficulties, including the planning of remediation or the referral to the Student Performance Committee and/or the Dean, as policy requires.
- Create, refine, and maintain Pre-Clinical academic calendar, daily schedule, and global block schedules.
- Reserve space necessary for the delivery of the Pre-Clinical curriculum.
- In support of both Pre-Clinical student support and curriculum delivery, serve as a liaison with Office of Testing, Registrar's Office, IT, Financial Aid, Department of Clinical Education, Department of Student Affairs, Department Chairs, Student Performance Committee, Student Leaders, and Faculty.
- Coordinate makeup and remediation examinations.
- Interface with and provide support to guest faculty as needed.
- Act as a liaison between students and administration for issues and questions concerning the curriculum, schedule, academic and personal issues, excused absences, and MCOM activities.
- Participate in the education and mentorship of MCOM and other RVU students in a variety of settings, including the classroom, clinic, laboratory, and simulation center.
- Participate in student assessment, faculty development, and service to the University and community.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean of Preclinical Education or the Dean of MCOM.
**Marginal Job Functions**
- Assist administration, faculty and staff in special projects as required.
**Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities**
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curricular structures and modalities.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Demonstrate proficiency and advanced skill with various types of software, including Learning Management Systems, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Work, Excel, Teams), web forms, and others, as needed.
- Demonstrate an aptitude to deploy new technologies as needed.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Terminal degree: PhD, DO, MD, or other doctorate degree.
- Three (3) years academic experience as a full-time faculty member in higher education
- Demonstrated leadership and productivity in scholarly activity, education, and professional/academic service.
- Two (2) years academic experience as a full time faculty member at a medical school.
- Experience as a Course Director at a medical school.
- Experience with college accreditation.
- Experience with testing and assessment.
**Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.**
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. **Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.**
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.