Atlas is a nationwide leader in civil engineering, materials testing and geotechnical consulting services for environmental, industrial and infrastructure construction projects. Headquartered in Austin, TX, Atlas currently has over 3,500 employees with offices throughout the US, including Alaska & Hawaii. It’s no accident that Atlas creates a better experience for infrastructure and environmental... projects. It’s how we are built – with the best people in the industry, with the reach and expertise to help at any and every step of the project, and with a heart-led approach that puts quality and safety at the center of everything we do. We’re just built to be better. We are a great company. Come join us!
The successful Dispatcher / Administrative Assistant (civil engineer/construction industry) will have a variety of responsibilities between Dispatch (50%) and Assistant Estimator (50%) duties:
Dispatcher responsibilities include:
• Actively and efficiently dispatches inspectors for site visits
• Answers incoming telephone calls from clients/contractors
• Schedules staff to multiple jobsites
• Maintain and distribute electronic schedule
• Coordinates paperwork for project set ups
• Updates Access database
• Creates and maintains electronic documents
• Provide administrative assistance to field personnel
• Provide administrative support to supervisor
• Set up new projects
Assistant Estimator responsibilities include:
• Communicates with production and administrative staff to obtain information for the project database, and for such other information as may be needed to support marketing efforts.
• Maintains database with projects going to bid.
• Daily review of bid sites and emails, qualifying projects up for bid and populating bid log.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Maintains skills current in the use of current and immerging technologies that can be used to enhance marketing endeavors and strategies.
• High School diploma
• Two years’ work experience in similar administrative role
• Typing/keyboarding minimum 45-60 WPM
• Microsoft Office experience
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to listen & decipher what the client is asking / needing
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
• Ability to work under pressure from deadlines and frequent interruptions
• Good verbal and written English usage
• Proficiency in MS Windows – Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access
• Ability to understand complex instructions and meet deadlines
• Understanding of the industry, and professional relationships that exist between Atlas and its clients
• Ability to manage a high volume of detail
• Ability to determine and set priorities
Atlas EEOC Statement
Atlas is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Atlas makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our EEO Policy https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location