Title:Electrical Engineer, JR
KBR is currently seeking a junior level Electrical Engineer to support a multitude of customers in the test and evaluation of aircraft, weapon systems, prototypes, and other equipment to determine its reliability when subjected to different electromagnetic environments. This position specializes in Electromagnetic Environment Effects (E3) testing. E3 encompasses all electromagnetic disciplines, including electromagnetic compatibility, electromagnetic interference, electromagnetic vulnerability, electromagnetic pulse, electronic protection, hazards of electromagnetic radiation to personnel/ordnance/fuel, and even natural phenomena, such as lightning and precipitation static.
The battery of E3 tests KBR performs are inherently dangerous and require a high degree of situational awareness and an uncompromising focus on safety. Some of the high-risk evolutions include:
- Directing hoist/crane operations to lift aircraft for simulated in-flight testing
- Performing direct/indirect lightning strikes, removal of static electricity, and measuring the effects of high-litude Electromagnetic Pulses
- Monitoring aircraft/personnel exposure limits to RF energy or high frequency
- This position requires highly specialized technical knowledge, supervisory skills, and excellent verbal/written communication. A successful candidate must be able to:
- Provide technical direction to a small test team and be responsible for employee performance appraisals, assist with hiring/promotion/disciplinary processes, coaching, and developing lower-level professionals.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and control small engineering projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by KBR.
- Be responsible for day-to-day contact and communication with the client and focus on providing client satisfaction.
- Serve as a proposal manager for small projects.
- Plan, budget, organize, and control an important segment of a very extensive and highly diversified engineering program or an entire engineering program of moderate scope
- Job role has budgetary accountability. This position is responsible for all phases of planning and execution on a small (typically less than $10 million total installed cost) project or may be responsible for a segment of a larger project.
- Apply E3 engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, and design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate military weapons systems.
- Attend preliminary, critical, and other design reviews to ensure E3 requirements are properly defined and implemented.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, qualification testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- Analyze design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate components or systems related to the functional requirements of military weapons systems and associated support equipment.
- Provide direct support to the AD6220M Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Branch Head with respect to the required Test and Evaluation support efforts.
- Interface directly with (AIR - AD6220M) EMC Branch Head, program managers, and executive-level customers to review issues or EMI-related discrepancies discovered during test and evaluation.
- Generate status reports for distribution to the EMC Branch Head and customers, as required.
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures and processes for test safety and to de-conflict scheduling issues when using shared equipment/spaces.
BS or BA Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or Physics or four (4) years relevant work experience.
- Secret-level security clearance
- Proficiency in microsoft office suite (word, powerpoint, outlook, etc.)
- Recent experience with RDT and ;E and/or systems integration of military aircraft systems
- Knowledge of naval aircraft type commander (tycom) organizational structure, maintenance practices/procedures
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively and professionally at multiple customer organizational levels
- Excellent management and organizational skills
KBR Offers the following benefits and more:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Other Voluntary Plans
In compliance with the U.S. federal governments vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.