RK&K is currently hiring a Engineer to join our environmental water resources team in Atlanta, GA. As an Engineer at RK&K you will support multiple public and private sector projects alongside a team of experienced engineers across our entire portfolio. Projects include, but are not limited to: green infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, watershed, environmental restoration and stabilization, and hydraulics/hydrology.
What youll do:
- Deliver world class solutions to our existing portfolio of public/private sector stream/water resources customers
- Proactively deliver a wide range of water resource projects including stream remediation, shoreline stabilization including living shorelines, stream crossings, scour analysis, storm water systems, flood studies, watershed plans, and erosion/sediment control, in accordance with the scope, schedule, and budget set by the project manager.
- Develop, evaluate complex stormwater management facilities to support commercial, industrial, residential, or public works infrastructure projects across RK&Ks vast portfolio
- Provide excellent client services with a focus on quality and timeliness
- Report to a Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Engineer, meet and work directly with other design team members, project engineers, design technicians, drafters, surveyors, contractors, inspectors, public agency officials, and clients.
- Assist with civil engineering plans and design reviews in: AutoDesk Civil3D, MicroStation, In Roads and GIS while applying knowledge of local, state, and federal design standards
- Provide office and site visit support for projects in construction
- Detail project analysis and prepare permit applications for oversight agencies to address the full range of environmental issues and conditions associated with water resources projects
- Lead tasks, plan budgets, manage subcontractors
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in civil or environmental engineering (or similar)
- Zero (0)- Three (3) years of experience in environmental water resources and stream project management
- Excellent Communication skills and attention to details with a team-work attitude is a must
- Experience with preparation of construction plans and specifications,
- Floodplain analysis utilizing HEC-RAS software,
- Experience with MicroStation, AutoCAD, and GIS
- Successful completion of F.E./E.I.T
- Prior internship experience with a civil engineering consulting firm or agency
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.