The Defense & Intelligence Group with Leidos has an opening for an Engineering Technician II supporting our NATSC contract in Newport Rhode Island.
The successful candidates will be repair/production technicians on towed array repair lines of the Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC) at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport. Technicians assigned to specific array product lines or the Hose & Tow Cable Fabrication Shop and will either evaluate and troubleshoot failed module assemblies to the component level and perform repairs, manufacture array module hose assemblies and/or tow cables in accordance with formal work instructions, using conformed materials, and with high standards of quality. They will work with, mentor, and assist with the training of junior technicians. Performs standardized or prescribed assignments, involving a sequence of related operations. Receives initial instruction, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed; performs recurring work independently; work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions. Performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as: Constructs components, sub-units, or simple models or adapts standard equipment. May troubleshoot and correct malfunctions.
Follows specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and sub-units of equipment. Conducts various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement; selects, sets up, and operates standard test equipment and records test data. Extracts and compiles a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc.; processes data, identifying errors or inconsistencies; selects methods of data presentation. Assists in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials which are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts. Develops information concerning previous operational failures and modifications. Uses judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seeks sources to clarify information.
• High school/vocational school diploma or GED certificate or Technical school diploma and 1 to 2 years of work experience.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret level clearance. Must have a minimum of a DOD Interim secret level clearance to start in this position.
• Familiar with standard computer operation and Microsoft Office products.
• Documented completion of soldering and/or fiber-optic termination/connectorization certification/training.
Operational knowledge and experience with industrial equipment including, but not limited to, that of the type used with module hosing/dehosing, pressure, tension, and handling testing, and automated/semi-automated electronic test equipment; measuring/grinding of hose material, mechanical swaging, cable connector molding and pressure testing, as appropriate to the shop/product line assigned.
• Experience performing electronic repairs at the component level using copper and fiber optic signal path repair procedures/techniques to documented quality standards using formal work procedures OR, experience manufacturing hose assemblies for various towed array modules from raw stock to documented quality standards using formal work procedures, OR preparing and terminating sonar array tow cables using formal work procedures and in accordance with documented quality standards.
• Active DOD secret clearance or Interim Secret clearance.
External referral eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.