Eurofins QC is searching for a Field Technician in Vineland, NJ.
Field Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
• Collect field samples at decentralized locations in assigned area of responsibility from various clients.
• Plan and complete daily assigned route in accordance with priorities. Notify supervisor of any changes to plan.
• Furnish sample containers/materials to various clients in support of their account.
• Regularly transport, set up, utilize, troubleshoot and break down sample collection/monitoring equipment in support of assigned projects/customer accounts.
• Communicate directly with customers providing clear and accurate information concerning their sample collection timeline and access requirements.
• Communicate with supervisor and main laboratory, routinely sending timeline and sample/project updates throughout assigned daily route.
• Perform miscellaneous on-site testing when required, record all data, and complete/submit all required sample documents.
• Transport samples from the field back to the laboratory, maintaining accurate sample custody documentation, occasionally link up with other technicians mid-route to facilitate sample transport and supply exchanges.
• Drive safely and observe all traffic laws. Maintain assigned vehicle according to company expectations for cleanliness and maintenance.
• Observe all OSHA safety requirements while adhering to the company health and safety policies; do not enter any confined space(s) without direct approval from upper management.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by company, including reassignment to another task and/or department.
• Work assigned shift/hours in support of business needs maintaining flexibility to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays when requested.
The ideal candidate would possess :
• Must be able to navigate using vehicle GPS, roadmaps, and written directions.
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills. Able to work with Laboratory Information Management System.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer service oriented; internal and external customers.
• Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time as well as be able to lift a 25-pound object from the floor to a shelf five feet high.
• Strong time management skills. Able to adapt and shift priorities as needs of the business evolve.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team with limited supervision, maintaining a positive attitude and a self-motivated/goal oriented mindset.
• Detail oriented with ability to learn new techniques, multi-task, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company standard operating policies.
- Experience with technical field equipment including, but not limited to, field measurement meters, well pumps, auto samplers, and tablets/software programs.
- Ideal candidate will have college credits in chemistry, earth sciences, environmental studies, or biology fields.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have a valid driver's license and possess a clean driving record
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
The company will provide all required training and a vehicle to selected applicants.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Vineland, NJ are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.