This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/*****
These Equipment Operator positions are located in WaKeeney, Kansas. These positions require a Class A CDL with air brake option at the time of hire. If you do not currently have a Class A CDL but are still interested in employment with the Kansas Department of Transportation, you may still qualify for our Equipment Operator Trainee program which is a paid position that provides employees with on-the-job training while you work towards obtaining a CDL. You may apply through this job ad for either Equipment Operator or Equipment Operator Trainee roles.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform manual labor associated with maintenance activities, including the operation of miscellaneous equipment such as chain saws, weed eaters, pumps, compressors, jackhammers, generators, power tools, and various hand tools.
- Setup and remove temporary traffic control and serve as flag person for maintenance work zones.
- Maintain highways and facilities through activities such as repairs, resurfacing, mowing, and snow and ice control.
- Operate dump trucks, small and medium-size loaders, mowers, tractors, rollers, and power brooms to perform various maintenance tasks. Operate a loader or truck-mounted plow and spreader in snow and ice control operations.
- On-the-job training is provided.
View the full position description