EAG Laboratories is a global scientific services company serving clients across a vast array of technology-related industries. Through multi-disciplinary expertise in the materials and engineering sciences, EAG helps companies innovate and improve products, ensure quality and safety, protect intellectual property and comply with evolving global regulations. EAG employs 600+ employees in seven countries, across 17 laboratories serving more than 4,000 clients worldwide.
EAG Laboratories is looking for a Service Engineer to be responsible for repair and maintenance of analytical instruments and ancillary equipment. The position will primarily support the instruments in the Sunnyvale, California lab with periodic travel to other EAG laboratories to include Minneapolis, Shanghai, Taiwan, Sunnyvale, El Segundo and occasional travel to other sites.
Use of information in this role is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: a U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Troubleshoot and repair, on an emergency basis, faulty instruments (SIMS, Auger, XPS, etc.) and peripherals (vacuum pumps, chillers, UPS, etc.), providing rapid response and minimizing downtime.
- Perform and log routine/preventive maintenance on instruments and peripherals according to maintenance plan/schedule.
- Find new sources or develop/design upgrades for obsolete parts and assemblies.
- Provide technical support and training to service team members.
- Maintain and organize adequate stock levels of spare parts and peripherals.
- Maintain, organize, and create technical documentation, procedures, schematics, work instructions, and parts lists.
- Provide timely updates to management in the form of status reports and service reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of computer based service management system.
- Assist and support facility/infrastructure when needed to maintain suitable working environment for instruments.
The individual should have experience of 3-5 years trouble shooting and repairing high voltage circuitry, high vacuum systems, analog/digital circuitry, electro-mechanical assemblies, and related systems. Experience with Cameca and Physical Electronics systems a plus.
Must be highly skilled in proper use of tools of trade, able to operate independently and as part of team, provide and follow written and verbal instructions, effectively utilize multiple forms of communication (e-mail, phone, etc.), and maintain a professional and cordial manner towards co-workers, vendors, and customers throughout the daily execution of duties.
BE/BS or equivalent in physics, electronics or electrical engineering.
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.