What you'll do...
About the Team
Movement. That’s the secret to Walmart’s supply chain. We move products to 200 million customers through more than 11,000 stores. And, as our customers move to digital, we’re moving with them. We are an agile and dynamic business, and our products and initiatives are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to provide the best retail experience for our customers - be it online or in stores. A line of code can change the way the world shops. Join our team of technologists and be on the forefront of a smarter future - put your career on the move with us.
We are an integral part of the core services item and supply chain technology team at Walmart Global Tech that is critical to push the boundaries for the entire company that will impact millions of customers' daily lives. If enhancing real-world experiences with technology is your passion, keep on reading!
- Supports department and leadership by serving as associate liaison; serving as a resource (for example, procedures, associate concerns) for associates; collaborating with internal partners (for example, Human Resource teams) to help address associate issues; sharing information (for example, upward feedback, observations) with manager; gathering and sharing ideas; working within networks to share and escalate information; navigating the organization to remove barriers and accomplish goals; and developing and maintaining an internal network.
- Leads administrative aspects of calendar management, event planning, and scheduling travel for supervisor(s) and a team by responding to and processing requests for scheduling, monitoring, and maintaining calendars and the use of meeting rooms or facilities; collaborating with others to obtain relevant resources or information; supporting the organization and coordination of department, divisional, or company events at the direction of others; scheduling and coordinating travel; and organizing business-related, pre-travel preparation.
- Utilizes business and process knowledge to construct communications (for example, electronic, verbal, and written) by directing, transferring, and taking messages; resolving caller requests and questions and following-up to ensure resolution; composing, managing, organizing, and proofing written, email, or other electronic communications for supervisor(s) and team; and receiving, reviewing, and prioritizing incoming messages.
- Provides data and information management for specified area by coordinating with other areas to collect data (for example, budgets, talent management, business performance); consolidating and identifying exceptions and patterns in data; reviewing information for completeness; identifying and escalating risks and concerns; creating and maintaining reports, reporting tools, and templates; maintaining security and confidentiality of information; and maintaining company records as defined by retention guidelines.
- Supports operations of assigned area by creating and sharing information between associates, teams, departments, or facilities; listening to and resolving concerns and requests; managing supplies and office equipment; acting as a coordinator or liaison for visiting associates and guests; receiving, interpreting, and processing invoices and expense reports against a standard; assisting others with planning of activities to complete tasks; and helping others complete tasks (for example, contracts, payments, meetings, event planning, travel). Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback. Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America