Bryant Executive Education and Career Accelerator
Bryant University invites applications for the position of Executive Director of Bryant Executive Education and Career Accelerator. The Executive Director will build on the foundation established by the University’s Executive Development Center to develop innovative lifelong learning programs that position Bryant as a leader in high impact professional development and generate strong corporate and community partnerships. The incumbent will join Bryant University during the implementation of the Vision 2030 Strategic Plan, which commits to see education through new lens and foster a career advancement mindset. Bryant Executive Education and Career Accelerator learners will engage in an interactive format to gain skills they can immediately apply to make contributions to their organizations and advance their careers.
Bryant has offered management development and corporate training programs for nearly 50 years and the University benefits from strong industry affiliations and alumni network. The Bryant University Executive Development Center (EDC) was established in 2002, building on foundational work of Bryant’s Center for Management Development, which operated from 1973 to 2002. As part of the Vision 2030 Strategic Plan initiatives, the EDC will be relaunched as Bryant Executive Education and Career Accelerator, an organization focused on offering innovative executive education and certificate programming of high value that meets the needs of a 21st century economy
The incumbent will play a critical leadership role in developing innovative executive education and certificate programming of high value. Responsibilities include developing the infrastructure to deliver sought out professional education; expanding partnerships with corporations, non-profits, alumni, and governments; and working closely with employers to customize programming to meet their needs.
This position works under the President’s Strategic Initiatives Office and collaboratively with the Office of the Provost, the Graduate Programs Office and University Advancement, and is responsible to develop, implement, and manage all in-person and online non-credit programs offered through the Accelerator including, but not limited to, external outreach, program development, faculty recruitment, marketing, support and financial management within specifically defined financial and service goals.
The ideal candidate for the position of Executive Director of Bryant Executive Education and Career Accelerator will have extensive experience in the operation of university/college-based executive and professional education programs. Budgeting, financial management, supervision, marketing, and corporate outreach expertise is required. Excellent negotiating, interpersonal, public speaking, writing, and marketing skills are essential. A Master’s Degree in a related field or other advanced graduate degree is required.
The Executive Director will possess many of the following
- An understanding of market trends and opportunities in the 21st
century economy to ensure that programs developed by Bryant
Executive Education and Career Accelerator meet the evolving needs
of students and employers.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate the planning, development, implementation, support and continuous improvement of high ROI non-credit programs at the intersection of business, STEM, and the health fields.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, market, implement and manage effective, high-quality programs which meet the needs of business, industry and the professions, and the goals and objectives of the University.
• Demonstrated ability to work with faculty and effectively recruit, supervise, evaluate, motivate, and encourage professional development of staff.
• Aptitude to work with the University’s marketing division to prepare, implement and assess the effectiveness of marketing plans
• Superb communication, interpersonal, management, and organizational skills
• Ability to develop and administer annual budgets and business plans. Prepare regular reports and projections as required.
• Experience providing net revenue projections for ongoing and proposed programs through effective planning, monitoring, and reporting of financial and strategic objectives.
• Willingness to perform other related duties as assigned.
Regular attendance at assigned job site and the ability to work
collaboratively with co-workers and constituents are essential
functions of this position.
Bryant University recognizes that its position as a leader in higher education is greatly determined both by the diversity of its campus community and its intellectual endeavors. Its commitment to link academic and social diversity for the benefit of the learning and living environment reflects its belief that excellence and diversity are mutually reinforcing objectives. We are committed to building an equitable and inclusive campus community, one that values individual difference and fosters greater understanding of the many facets of diversity and other distinctive characteristics that make us different. We encourage applications from candidates with an appreciation for and understanding of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to building a community of inclusive excellence.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
Applications must be submitted online at https://employment.bryant.edu/postings/2964