Westminster Communities of Florida, a nationally recognized not-for-profit faith based organization is searching for an Executive Director for a 225-unit senior living community overlooking Tampa Bay in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Founded in 1954, Westminster Communities of Florida is a national leader in senior living and dedicated to a Mission and ministry of service to older adults. We provide senior living communities offering an active lifestyle and excellent care to 7,000 residents throughout Florida. Our communities offer independent living, assisted living, nursing care, home care, pharmacy services, affordable housing for low-income seniors and more.
JOB SUMMARY: Directly accountable for the administration of the community to ensure fulfilling the Mission statement, and the provision of quality daily services to the residents (as determined by the Board of Directors and Management Support Services); maintain all operational and quality standards as developed by management; and preserve the community and grounds, develop and train employees. This position requires strong leadership and interpersonal skills, for this individual is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implementation and maintenance of all policies established by the Board of Directors and Management Support Services’ offices.
- Maintaining all the standards established by the organization.
- Completing all contractual obligations between the organization and the residents.
- Compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of the community.
- Selecting, employing, monitoring, developing, and evaluating department heads in conjunction with the appropriate Community Support Services Directors/Coordinators.
- Recommending annual capital and operational budget, budget revisions and amendments following prescribed Management Services accounting procedures.
- Adhering to approved budget, submitting monthly variance reports and approving all major purchases and invoices.
- The maintenance of all physical properties of the community to insure they are kept in good repair and operating condition.
- Providing positive liaison between the residents, community staff, and Management Support Services personnel.
- Oversee the marketing department and provide timely resale of vacated apartments to insure proper utilization of community’s assets.
- Involvement in the local community in which the retirement community is located to develop positive relationships with local churches, agencies and organizations for cooperation and support of the organization.
- Performing any other duty within the express or implicit terms of the duties herein that may be necessary for the best interest of the corporation.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the listed essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
B.S. or M.S. in a health related or business major, a Florida NHA license and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an executive director in a CCRC, preferably in a multi-facility organization.
See job description