The Analyst performs analysis of bulk and air for asbestos mineral fibers using TEM Transmission Electron Microscopy. Analyst prepares and analyzes environmental samples according to scientific methodology in compliance with company Quality Assurance programs and SOP's, and must be knowledgeable of both job-specific routine and complex analyses. The analyst validates and reviews data for accuracy, and uploads laboratory data into the LIMS that ultimately generates required reports to clients. Schedules sample workload according to due dates and sample hold times, and must be knowledgeable of the job-specific laboratory testing equipment, requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment in its operation.
- Prepare and analyze environmental samples for asbestos using TEM microscopy.
- Adherence to EPA, NVLAP, ELAP, OSHA, and NIOSH standards for asbestos identification
- Accurately enters and reports analytical data using the LIMS
- Performs independent data reviews for other analysts' work
- Performs analysis of reference materials, proficiency samples and other quality control samples as needed
- Maintains client service and provides technical support as needed
- Assists the QA manager in development, implementation and data collection of QA processes for the different analytical tests
- Performs confirmation of lab results as needed by client services personnel
- Performs and completes all analytical testing QA related tasks as needed
- Assists in pursuing, receiving and maintaining necessary laboratory accreditations
- Maintains and updates all necessary Training and QA documents onsite as necessary
- Co-ordinates and manages projects according to their rush status and due time for timely delivery
- Assists co-workers on analytical questions, as necessary
- Participates in Lean initiatives and projects when called upon
- Follows company policies and procedures and ensures that coworkers are doing the same
- Manages and maintains the inventory of re-sale supply items and laboratory consumables and takes necessary steps to re-order supplies as needed
- Manages and disposes analyzed samples as needed
- Trains new asbestos testing Analysts as needed
- Recommends and coordinates sample transfer as necessary
- Establishes and maintains laboratory reference samples
- Performs root cause analysis and determines and implements corrective actions for errors and issues as necessary
- Maintains all equipment properly and co-ordinates servicing of all equipment used in the laboratory, as needed
- Routinely communicates available capacity to Regional Manager
- Supports other departments within the lab (mycology, asbestos, bacteriology, and other) when appropriate and as needed
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Supervisor/Manager
- 1 - 2+ years of experience performing asbestos microscopy - REQUIRED
- Must have an undergraduate degree in Geology, Environmental Sciences, related science, or TEM Asbestos training course - REQUIRED
- Must have 2 years of TEM experience in asbestos testing with knowledge of AHERA regulations, ASTM methods, EPA methods and NVLap policies. - REQUIRED
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.