VCA Paw Prints is expanding their team and is now hiring Veterinary Assistants!
VCA Paw Prints Animal Hospital, located in Lafayette, Indiana has been a pioneer in the veterinary community for over 20 years. We are a full-service general practice facility offering Preventive/Routine medical care.
Our mission at VCA Paw Prints is to build lasting relationships with our patients and clients. We strive daily to achieve this mission by advocating for animal wellness, and we pledge to provide compassionate veterinary care for every client, every patient, every time.
What makes VCA Paw Prints different for Veterinary Assistants?
Our leadership team has created and supported an environment where our Assistants can focus on their career, their happiness, their work-life balance, and of course the patients.
Great Atmosphere- We have a family-style atmosphere with supportive management and staff that work well as a team. We are all about supporting and encouraging each other!
Duties of our Veterinary Assistants include:
• Maintaining electronic medical records.
• Restraint for physical exam and procedures.
• Handling and processing of samples for laboratory testing.
• Assist Doctors and Technicians in patient care and client communication.
• Admitting and discharging patients.
• Routine cleaning and stocking
• Processing pharmacy requests
Schedule: Full-time opportunity (38-40 hours a week), with flexible shift schedules.
Veterinary Assistant Requirements:
- 2+ years of clinical experience or internship trained
- Passion for Veterinary Medicine
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We create and support an inclusive work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you care for. Below are some of the many benefits of joining our team!
- Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- Leadership opportunities
- Career development programs
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
- CE allowance
- Tuition support and sponsorships
- Vet Tech license reimbursement
- Free wellness subscriptions (Head Space)
- Referral bonuses
- Competitive wage
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Life, long and short term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Pet care discounts
Ready to be part of a team that feels like family? Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.