The Facility Operations Assistant is responsible for daily
upkeep and maintenance of athletics facilities including
Schollmaier Arena and Amon G. Carter Stadium. This role monitors
completion of facility repair requests and provides set up and tear
down of athletic equipment associated with any athletic function
conducted in all TCU athletic facilities and fields.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Sets up and tears down of athletic and scoring equipment
(basketball goals, electronic scores tables, etc.)
2. Moves, delivers or relocates furniture, equipment or items;
modifies arrangements and prepares athletics facilities for events
3. Monitors completion of work order repair requests submitted by
the Facilities Operations Coordinator.
4. Monitors assets by inventorying supplies and equipment;
anticipating needed supplies, following manufacturer’s
recommendation for equipment maintenance; identifying and reporting
problems with building, equipment, or supplies to supervisor;
securing keys and property; ensuring timely ordering and receipt of
necessary supplies or equipment.
5. Maintains safe and clean working environment in compliance with
TCU, NCAA and Big 12 game rules and regulations.
6. Removes trash by emptying and maintaining trash containers;
transporting materials to disposal area; recycling materials.
7. Conducts daily cleaning and maintenance of the Walsh court and
Schollmaier Basketball court.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience :
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Preferred Education & Experience:
• Experience working with facilities or maintenance in a
competitive athletics environment.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• Valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle
• Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination.
Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized
• Forklift Training.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of customer service techniques with diverse
populations in a university setting.
• Knowledge of set up and tear down methods of basketball goals and
electronic scores tables.
• Knowledge of OSHA and safety rules and regulations applicable to
• Knowledge of safe cleaning practices for high traffic gymnasium
floors, seating areas and specialized areas.
• Skill at safe operation of a fork lift and motorized utility
• Skill at elevating safety and maintenance concerns in clear and
• Ability to work independently with little daily
• Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with diverse
audiences including coaches, staff, student-athletes,
sporting-event patrons, visiting teams, vendors and
• Ability to follow directions.
• Ability to operate tools and equipment required by the job.
Physical Requirements (With or Without
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens,
forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses
via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching,
flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking,
kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs, and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Work is not sedentary and is performed at indoor and outdoor
arena/field environments, with frequent interruptions and is
subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• This role is an on-campus, in-person position.
• This position requires regular visits to all TCU athletic
facilities and frequent interaction with others.
• May be exposed to hazardous materials and noxious fumes on
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to
loud (live sporting events).
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes
qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin,
disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any
other basis protected by law.
NOTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE WITH NCAA REGULATIONS:
This job description includes the expectation of compliance with
NCAA regulations. An institutional staff member who is found in
violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or
corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA
enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or
termination of employment for significant or repetitive
Advertised: June 13, 2022 Central Daylight Time